job summary: Our client is currently seeking a Technical Sales Support Representative for a permanent opportunity located in Sacramento, CA. DESCRIPTION:
This position will be an inside sales role, supporting the outside sales field representatives. It will not be a direct sales role, more of a supporting position. There is a commission structure.
NO COLD CALLING.
location: Sacramento, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $45,000 - 60,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: High School
responsibilities: JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support field reps and their sales.
- Manage the sales cycle.
- Work closely with vendors to get products and pricing.
- Some customer facing.
- Building proposals
- Managing the distribution of products
- Analyzes client business needs and recommends appropriate business solutions and strategies.
- Participates in the planning and design process by assessing current state and desired outcome.
- Develops business assured solutions based on current market needs
- Develops business assured solutions and strategy that integrates clients' business requirements, information technology, and Corporation's processes and/or resources.
- Identifies, provides leadership to, and coordinates technical solution development activities in pursuit of formal proposal/SOW development.
- Monitors the engagement process and obtains additional resources as needed.
- Identifies and engages subject matter experts for discreet service offerings identified in the technical solution.
- Participates in the proposal development process with pursuit-team members.
- Assists Account Executive in the development and negotiation of the Statement of Work and client contract vehicles.
- Prepares and delivers solution related presentations to Corporation and client as needed.
- Prepares and/or validates solution pricing. Escalates solution pricing for management approval when outside of established margin limits.
- Monitors and ensures business and financial success of proposed client solutions.
- Ensures timely communication (e.g. status updates, raising issues, etc) that could affect the feasibility of proposed solution or Corporation's financial position
- Provided technical support to all regional demand generation activities
- Develop customer relationships at all levels to ensure that Corporation is viewed as a trusted advisor
- Work directly with partners to develop and deliver solutions
- Mentor co-workers and share best practices
- Position requires on-going self-study to continuously improve skills relative to strategic technology direction and service offerings
- Recurring report requirements may include but are not limited to: Time sheets, Expense reports, Billable Time sheets, Task Completion Documentation
- Perform other duties as assigned Technical Certification and Training
qualifications: MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: Desired Experience
- Experience working with solution design, job costing, and quality planning
- Experience working in a project/team environment
- Must possess excellent time management skills
- Must possess good organizational skills
- Must possess excellent client/customer interface skills
- Ability to develop/ deliver management presentations
- Proficient in MS-Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- 2-3 years of prior sales experience is preferred
- Experience building proposals
skills: Professional Skills
- Able to architect and design detailed configurations for complex solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required
- Excellent high-level problem solving skills
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.