job summary: Job Description:
- Providing technical support for technologies to include Windows Server 2008/2012, Active Directory, Exchange 2010, Citrix XenApp 6.5/7.6, Citrix XenDesktop 5.6/7.6 and VMware5.5/6.
- Research new technologies and recommend designs for implementation.
- Install, configure, manage and maintain VMware vSphere 5.5 environments, ensure that all ESX hosts have the latest patches installed as well as the latest hypervisor version.
- Coordinate and/or perform additions and changes to network hardware and operating systems, and attached devices; includes investigation, analysis, recommendation, configuration, installation, and testing of new network hardware and software.
- Provide direct support in the day-to-day operations on network hardware and operating systems, including the evaluation of system utilization, monitoring response time and primary support for detection and correction of operational problems.
- Troubleshoot at the physical level of the network, working with network measurement hardware and software, as well as physical checking and testing of hardware devices at the logical level working with communication protocols.
- Maintain network infrastructure standards including network communication protocols such as TCP/IP.
- Provide technical consultation, training and support to IT staff as designated by the government.
location: Washington, Washington, D.C.
job type: Contract
salary: $60 - 70 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
responsibilities: Qualifications: Must have at least 5-7 years of experience with the following:
HP Blade Systems 7000 Enclosures; HP ProLiant BL 460c HP ProLiant BL 680 G5, Cisco Unified Computing System 5108, Cisco UCS B200 (M1, M3), Cisco UCS C220 M3, Cisco UCS C240 M3, Cisco UCS 61400XP Fabric and Dell Power Edge Servers.
- Windows Server 2008/2012; Microsoft Exchange Server 2010; Microsoft Office 2010/2013/365; Active Directory; Active Directory Federation Services, DHCP, DNS and GPOs; Windows Server Update Services; VMware vSphere Citrix Xen Desktop, Citrix XenApp, Citrix Provisioning Service.
skills: Microsoft Office 2010/2013/365; VMware vSphere 4.1/5/5.5; Citrix Xen Desktop 5.6/7.6; Citrix XenApp 6.5/7.6; Windows 2008/2012 Administration VMware Administration Citrix Administration Active Directory Hardware/Software Installation and Configuration.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.