job summary: Project Manager Job Description
Our client is seeking a Project Manager to work with our Procurement project team. You will work alongside departmental managers and will report directly to the Chief Procurement Officer (CPO).
Your main tasks will include drafting, implementing, and daily hands-on management of a cross section of large, medium, and small projects from genesis to completion. To succeed in this role, you should have a natural analytical way of thinking, be highly efficient at task prioritization and time management, handle dozens of details per day with total accuracy, and be able to engage with users across all levels of the organization. The ability to coolly manage, drive, and deliver up to 10-15 simultaneous projects is a requirement.
May work remotely one day per week.
location: Merced, California
job type: Contract
salary: $40 - 56 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Align project objectives with university goals, and make sure project team is clear on objectives.
- Create and manage project plans.
- Define project schedules, allocate resources and monitor progress.
- Evaluate and assess progress and result of projects.
- Create/deliver daily status reports per project.
- Foster partnership with customers/stakeholders/sponsors.
- Implement and manage change when necessary to meet project outputs.
- Lead process of issue identification and resolution.
- Lead quality assurance.
- Support and direct team members.
- Track deliverables.
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously.
qualifications: Education & Experience
- 2-3 or more years of successful hands-on Project Management experience.
- OR - 4-5 years of successful experience as a Project Coordinator
- A documented and proven history of leading and supporting successful projects.
- A documented track record of following through on commitments.
- Experience creating detailed reports and giving presentations.
- Experience in change management.
- Experience leading and developing top performing teams.
- Proficiency in project management software tools.
- Proven attention to detail.
- Heads-down focus.
- Excellent communications skills, with customers, team and stakeholders.
- Excellent documentation skills.
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills.
- Thrives in collaborative environment.
- Working knowledge of supply chain.
- Working knowledge of procurement, a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.