We are currently seeking a Backend Developer for the Pensacola, FL area. You will work within the IT department as a member of the team responsible for documenting business processes, capturing business requirements, and developing/implementing solutions that will improve business efficiency. The individual will be responsible for evaluating existing Commercial off the Shelf (COTS) applications for suitability in addition to supporting systems as needed to satisfy business requirements. This individual will be responsible for assisting and maintaining a service-oriented department responsive to the changing needs of the business users, and be able to work both, individually and as a collaborative team member, as necessary to meet business demands.
location: Cantonment, Florida
job type: Contract
work hours: 8am to 5pm
responsibilities: Essential Job Duties or Tasks:
- Develops and maintains applications / databases by evaluating business needs, analyzing requirements, and developing software systems.
- Enhances staff accomplishments and competence by planning delivery of solutions, answering technical and procedural questions for less experienced team members, teaching improved processes, and mentoring team members as well as end users in the effective use of the solution.
- Identifies requirements by establishing personal rapport with business contacts and with other persons in position to understand service requirements.
- Arranges project requirements in programming sequence by analyzing requirements, preparing a work flow chart and diagram using knowledge of computer capabilities, subject matter, programming language, and logic.
- Document, plan, design, develop, test, implement, maintain, and optimize secure, scalable, complex, multi-tier web applications using Client's Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and industry best practices.
- Collaborate in the evaluation, selection, documentation, implementation, and maintenance of commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) and software-as-a-service (SaaS) solutions.
- Design, develop, and integrate enterprise relational databases into web applications using SQL and database programming, create and maintain technical design and system documentation according to established standards, such as code and process documentation, entity relationship diagrams, context diagrams, data dictionaries, etc.
- Consult on the maintenance and evolution of Clients's enterprise application architecture and technology infrastructure, as well as broader IT department matters.
- Communicate timely status updates (both verbal and written) to business and IT team members and management.
- Protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
qualifications: Education/Experience/Specialized Knowledge and Competency Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, or other appropriate discipline
- 3+ years of hands-on experience developing complex multi-tier solutions (using Microsoft .NET languages, Oracle and/or SQL Server databases, solutions comprising of Windows and Web Services and user interfaces) in a variety of business environments
- Demonstrated experience creating technical design and system documentation, such as code and process documentation, entity relationship diagrams, context diagrams, Support and Troubleshooting workflows, etc.
- Knowledge of Quality Systems (Thermofisher's LIMS (Sampler Manager))
- Experience supporting systems related to a manufacturing environment (Production reporting, Warehouse management, Shipping, etc.), PTC's, ThingWorx, Tableau Software and SAP ECC & SCM.
skills: Other Skills:
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Demonstrated ability to work with business users to understand their processes and requirements to be able to create the appropriate information architecture, taxonomy, and solution approach
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with all levels of business both verbally and in writing
- Excellent oral/written communications, analytical, organizational, teamwork, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills with ability to analyze situations, identify existing or potential problems and recommend solutions
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated outstanding level of professionalism, including ability to exercise good judgment, discretion, tact, and diplomacy
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.