Our Holland Client has a contract to hire opportunity for a Sr Business Intelligence Developer. This is a short term contract that should convert quickly.
location: Holland, Michigan
job type: Contract
salary: $50 - 60 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Serves as project leader in guiding users to formulate requirements; advises on alternatives and implications of new or revised computer systems/applications technology to ensure user communities? requirements are met.
- Analyzes user project proposals, identifies omissions and errors in requirements, and conducts feasibility studies.
- Recommends optimum approach and develops system design for approved projects to ensure solutions accurately reflect customer?s requirements.
- Develops new and maintains existing complex systems and subsystems, such as inventory control, payroll, or financial/cost analysis, in which transactions are automatically processed through full system of records to ensure reliability of cross-company applications.
- Serves as arbitrator among system users when conflicts arise to ensure system reflects requirements of all system users.
- Uses all phases of system analysis concepts, techniques, and methods; knowledge of available system software, computer equipment and regulations, structure, techniques, and management practices of one or more subject areas to ensure high-quality design of complex systems or subsystems.
- Reviews design, analysis, and code to ensure quality and adherence to standards.
- Serves as lead analyst in design subgroup, directing and integrating work of analysts, each responsible for several programs, to ensure optimal design of systems solutions.
- Maintains currency of knowledge with respect to relevant state-of-the-art technology, equipment, and/or systems to ensure understanding of all available solution options. Prepares and gives presentations to user management.
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 5+ years experience developing ETL processes and utilizing Business Objects
- 3+ years application experience (i.e., Systems, Applications, Processes [SAP] or Swing)
- Expert knowledge of broad range of relevant alternative computer systems, applications, and equipment (Business Objects Developer and Data Integrator Developer).
- Ability to write complex Structured Query Language (SQL), utilizing Oracle, SQL Server, or Database2 applications.
- Working knowledge of Qlikview Designer or Developer, SAP Business Warehouse, and SAP Business Intelligence applications.
- Working knowledge of data modeling and design solutions preferred.
- Ability to develop and/or modify and adapt systems, hardware configurations, and programs to meet individually specified needs.
- Ability to determine computer problems and coordinate hardware and/or software solutions. Ability to analyze and interpret information systems proposals and evaluate and develop alternative implementation plans.
- Ability to interpret and evaluate client informational needs and determine appropriate alternative solutions.
- Knowledge of computer systems analysis and design concepts, methods, procedures, and standards.
- Knowledge of broad range of relevant multi-user computer systems, applications, and/or equipment.
- Ability to evaluate and interpret end user information requirements and develop appropriate systems and/or applications solutions.
- Knowledge of current technological developments/trends in area of expertise. Ability to develop and deliver presentations.
- Knowledge of information flow and management environments within area of operational specialty. Ability to plan, design, coordinate installation, test, and modify complex systems and subsystems.
- Ability to specify and develop computer programs, using range of programming languages.
- Ability to assess and maintain quality of programming structure, design, and coding. Knowledge of computer flow charts and of programming logic and codes.
- Leadership, conflict resolution and mediation skills; ability to lead projects.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.