Looking for a Mid-level Embedded Linux Engineer for a career opportunity in Cincinnati, OH.
location: Mason, Ohio
job type: Permanent
salary: $0 - 95,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
The Sr. Embedded Software Engineer is responsible for the design, development, testing, implementation and support of complex, Linux-based, embedded software solutions.
- Work with product management and cross functional teams to provide technical solutions for desired user experiences.
- Provide hands on technical leadership to the team, including your own code contributions.
- Collaborate with the hardware and firmware teams to ensure proper exercising of hardware.
- Collaborate with the cloud application team to achieve desired communications speed, robustness and security.
- Maintain current working knowledge of embedded development and IoT technologies.
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering.
- 8+ years of combined firmware and software development experience.
- 5+ years of experience developing software for Linux-based, embedded devices.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Working knowledge of application development for embedded Linux OS
- Qt application development experience.
- Communication protocol experience with 1 or more of TCP/IP, HTTPS, Ethernet, CAN, Wi-Fi or Bluetooth
- Ability to handle multiple, competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- A solid understanding of the software development lifecycle, and a track record of delivering software on time.
- Working knowledge of embedded SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Expertise in the areas of embedded development constraints, system performance and security of Internet connected devices.
- Disciplined in the use of the Git version control system and code management best practices.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.