job summary: Job Description:
This role is within the team that is responsible for building UI components for the Data Architecture initiative. The team will be in charge of building modular UI applications and components to support the Causeway initiative, and setting up a foundation for future UI applications:
- We evaluate the latest in web technologies
- We build modular responsive web applications
- We develop a library of generic responsive components
- We work in conjunction with the DevOps team to create web application specific CI/CD pipelines
- We develop application archetypes and training materials and actively assist in helping application developers make the best use of the platform
- We set policy and provide infrastructure for our new style of working, treating a Mac in a Starbucks the same as a desktop in a Client office
- We are a geographically distributed team, including with fully remote workers
- We do all this in a true devops fashion with agile infrastructure and a follow-the-sun mandate
location: Boston, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $65 - 68 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
responsibilities: This Role
We are looking for energetic, hands-on, strong UI engineers with proven experience building enterprise responsive web applications.
- You will work with other members of your team to evaluate the latest in web technologies.
- You will help design and develop responsive web applications and implement a common library of generic responsive components.
- You will work with other members of your team to investigate feature requests, performed detailed analysis and specification (where required), implement, and test new functionality
- You will support a follow-the-sun operations approach working with colleagues across three continents
- You will work in an agile environment
- You will interact with your peers across the effort across all teams to ensure that best practices are followed throughout the organization
- You will be an active member in the Open Source communities surrounding the technologies that we use on a daily basis
- You will help mentor more junior colleagues, including fresh college graduates
qualifications: Requirements Successful candidates will have:
- At least 5 years of experience. This doesn't have to come from working for a large firm, you just have to have experience in working on production-grade systems over time.
- A degree in computer science or equivalent experience acquired on the job.
- Solid experience working with Angular 2+ is a must.
- Hands-on experience with CSS building responsive components and layouts.
- Experience building, packaging, and setting up CI/CD for web applications is preferred.
- Experience dealing with large sets of data, advanced data visualizations and animation techniques is preferred.
- Good English language skills
- Appreciate the value diversity (in all its forms) brings to our team and company
Must be able to convert to fulltime without sponsorship.
Experience working in a financial services environment is not required or expected
skills: Additional Skills:
- Angular 2+ (required)
- CSS, building responsive components (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.