We are looking for a highly motivated, hands on Senior Software Engineer to join our Engineering organization as we build next generation of connected smart home IOT products. You will be a technical go-to person to do early feasibility studies, create prototypes, and develop lightweight proof of concepts for proposed new features. The nature of the position requires the candidate to have excellent communication skills, strong technical and debugging skills, along with a drive to make a difference.
location: Aurora, Illinois
job type: Permanent
work hours: 9 to 5
- Quickly evaluate feasibility of new features
- Create prototypes and proof of concept software that can be used as an example or foundation for a commercial feature
- Drive solution proposals from a feature vision to a concrete implementation strategy
- Closely interact with hardware engineering and software development to support feature creation
- Interface with external technology partners
- Bring up reference boards or prototype hardware and troubleshoot early integration issues
- Evaluate third-party software offerings and development kits to make recommendations and drive integration
- Analyze compatibility of software packages with existing hardware and software
- Review architecture and design proposals being generated internally and by external teams to ensure alignment with implementation recommendations
- Contribute to feature specification and technical design documentation
- Respond to quickly unblock development on the most complex design challenges
- Travel required: up to 10% domestic.
- 10+ years embedded software development experience with commercial SoC products for high volume, high quality consumer electronics products (including mobile app, Cloud, embedded firmware). 5+ years experience in software design
- Deep understanding of software engineering principles and strong software architecture.
- Experience integrating hardware, operating systems and software applications
- Extensive experience and expertise in the full life cycle development of software and systems
- Ability to ramp up quickly on both new technologies and existing technologies.
- Highly focused, with the ability to deliver solid work on tight schedules.
- Ability to design the low level details with a constant view of the big picture
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Excellent analytical, programming and debugging skills
- Mastery of Linux configuration, device driver integration, C, C++, scripting languages, IP, Wireless communication protocols, and SoC bring-up
- Experience in AWS IOT, BLE, WiFi, MQTT, RESTful API, distributed systems, low power or battery operated devices, and bare-metal programming highly valued
BS electrical engineering, computer engineering, computer science, or equivalent (MS preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.