Responsible for serving two delivery teams encompassing 5-15 people each to deliver strategic enterprise data management, warehousing, and analytic capabilities across multiple IT and business functions.
location: Bloomfield, Connecticut
job type: Contract
salary: $55 - 65 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Exhibits Lean-Agile Leadership. Exhibits the behaviors of a Lean-Agile Leader with a Lean-Agile mindset. Helps the team embrace SAFe Core Values, adopt and apply SAFe Principles, and implement SAFe practices.
- Facilitates the team's progress toward the goal. Is the team facilitator and is constantly engaged in challenging the old norms of development, while keeping the team focused on the goals of the iteration. Helps the team excel in areas of quality, predictability, flow, and velocity. Helps the team focus on daily and Iteration Goals in the context of the current PI Objectives.
- Facilitates meetings. Facilitates all team meetings, including the daily stand-up, Iteration Planning, Team Demo, and Iteration Retrospective.
- Eliminates Impediments. Many blocking issues will be beyond the team's authority or will require support from other teams. The Scrum Master actively addresses these issues so that the team can remain focused on achieving the objectives of the iteration.
- Protects and Communicates. Communicates with Management and outside stakeholders. Helps protect the team from uncontrolled injection of work
- 5+ years of experience serving multiple teams at the same time with complex integrated enterprise work
- Strong understanding data management, data warehousing, business intelligence, and analytics concepts
- Proven experience as a Scrum Master with a successful delivery record
- Ability to effectively communicate at all levels of the organization, converting complex challenges into simplified options and recommendations
- Ability to form strong business relationships and partner across the enterprise for effective cross-functional project delivery
- Experience managing and mentoring a team people in either direct or indirect (matrixed) management models
- Proven experience effectively serving vendor resources in onshore/offshore staffing models
- Intermediate to advanced skills using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint)
- Advanced skills using Agile tools (Preferably Agile Central/Rally)
skills: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, or other related field. Scrum Master certification required. Certification as an Agile Product Owner is a plus. Typically has 7 to 10 years of IT work experience, including 5 as a Scrum Master.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.