RANDSTAD TECHNOLOGIES IS SEEKING A LEAD CLOUD SERVICES ENGINEER FOR A DIRECT HIRE OPPORTUNITY IN JACKSONVILLE, FL.
CANDIDATES MUST NOT REQUIRE SPONSORSHIP NOW OR IN THE FUTURE. Current Need
This position is for a hands-on Senior Cloud Services Developer that will lead the development of distributed, RESTful, cloud-based technology Business Connectivity Solutions services for MMS. These services will provide strategic integrations between internal and external systems. Position Description
This lead developer will design, develop, and deliver micro-services solutions to meet internal and external business needs. This developer will demonstrate strong technical leadership through direct rapid prototyping and iterative development to deliver scalable, high-performance connectivity services into production. This developer will be responsible for quickly assessing the scope and need from business inputs, establishing MVP (Minimal Viable Product) design, and finally hands-on coding and delivery of scalable microservices into production.
location: Jacksonville, Florida
job type: Permanent
salary: $110,000 - 140,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
Key Responsibilities include:
- Design, Code, and Deliver new rapid prototypes and MVP (Minimal Viable Product) cloud-based micro-services connectivity solutions from idea to production. Evaluate new technology frameworks, rapidly prototype proposed solutions, and iteratively develop scalable production-ready connectivity solutions following an Agile/SCRUM based methodology.
- Provide technical leadership to the development team. Inform and train internal development teams on cloud and micro-services development best practices. Perform technical oversight, complete code reviews, and mentor developers.
- Provide technical design, leadership, and oversight to the development team to deliver new solutions using micro-services and cloud based technologies and platforms. Coordinate with technical leaders across the company to drive cloud platform, framework, and infrastructure decisions and implementations.
- Provide guidance and support for Development and DevOps to support continuous integration build and deployments, unit testing frameworks, packaged micro-services container apps, services versioning, and blue-green deployments.
- Document technical design specifications, systems infrastructure topology, and production support procedures. Provide cross-training on new services to Level 1 support team. Support and resolve production issues with delivered services.
- 8+ years' experience in programming on enterprise or department servers or systems
- Successful development and dev and deployment of RESTful micro-services solutions into production
- Experience building cloud-based technologies (Java, REST, Java Spring (Boot), Cloud Foundry (Pivotal preferred), Azure, ELK Stack)
- Excellent understanding of current methodologies in high performance operations and large-scale implementations
- Experience with Relational Databases, SQL, and Stored Procedures. Understanding of NoSQL databases (MongoDB)
- Experience working on Linux OS and Unix-based including troubleshooting utilities
- Strong Understanding of modern distributed security development principles and practices
- Experience with writing Web services, including RESTful services exposing both JSON and XML
- Experience with RESTful service writing frameworks, including Jersey
skills: Additional Knowledge & Skills
- Healthcare and/or Supply Chain industry experience
- Experience with Atlassian, GIT, Maven, and Gradle
- Knowledge of Agile/SCRUM software development
- 4-year degree in computer science or related field or equivalent experience
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.