job summary: To avoid delays in having your resume reviewed please forward directly to Sam.Major@RandstadUSA.com As a qualified applicant I will respond to you same business day
As a DevOps Engineer you will be a member of a growing and highly skilled software design and engineering team. Alongside software development, the Application Design Engineer will introduce, promote and evolve software engineering excellence based on industry standards and best practices and personal experience.
You will always be working with the latest technologies in this career growth oriented company. They promote great work life balance, 40 hrs. per week max.
I've place 60 IT Engineers into this mid-sized company all in full time roles and look forward to working with you.
To avoid delays in having your resume reviewed please forward directly to email@example.com. As a qualified applicant I will respond to you same business day.
Interview process very seamless, typically one skype or phone screen and one onsite. Manager is a great person to work with, very team oriented.
location: Raleigh, North Carolina
job type: Permanent
work hours: 8 to 5
responsibilities: To avoid delays in having your resume reviewed please forward directly to Sam.Major@RandstadUSA.com As a qualified applicant I will respond to you same business day
You will be designing, setting up and maintaining continuous build environments and collaboratively architecting and implementing processes, methodologies and infrastructure for continuous integration and deployment based on modern technologies is your specialty. In your mind, successful software development teams own, monitor, analyse and continuously improve the infrastructure in order to remain productive, agile and fast. The ideal candidate comes with operational knowledge and understands the value of metrics and logs to drive both the operability of the software as well as the identification of potential areas of improvements.
You have a desire to collaborate with talented team members around the globe and balance creativity, determination and collaboration. You enjoy both technology research and quality product development and see the benefit in growing and contributing your expertise to drive both the team's and the company's domain knowledge in these areas.
- Evolve, maintain and secure the team's continuous build, integration and deployment strategies and infrastructure.
- Implement and enforce the principles of modern, services based system architecture within the engineering team.
- Sustainably drive the team towards the selection of appropriate tools and technologies.
- Work with the team on specifying, architecting and designing products with excellent operationable characteristics.
- Further the team's spirit both within and across timezones.
skills: Essential skills
- Experience using a variety of Amazon's Web Services offerings.
- Expertise in IaC using tools such as Terraform and CloudFormation.
- Provision software solutions using containerization technologies such as Docker.
- Monitoring, alerting and reporting enterprise-level infrastructure.
- Clean coding skills and excellent problem solving ability.
- A good understanding and appreciation of the Agile Software Development Process.
- Ability to work to a sprint plan, track progress, identify risks, anticipate and communicate delays to the team.
- Team player with the ability to both articulate thoughts and opinions but also listen and compromise.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced professional and international environment.
- Cultural awareness through work with global teams.
- Good verbal and written communications skills.
To avoid delays in having your resume reviewed please forward directly to Sam.Major@RandstadUSA.com As a qualified applicant I will respond to you same business day
- Expertise in software packaging, building and testing technologies such as Docker, Yarn, Gradle or Grunt.
- Operational experience of distributed Docker infrastructure layers like Openshift and Kubernetes.
- Good understanding of performance benchmarking and profiling tools.
- Experience in providing both strategic and tactical input during the product design phase to ensure excellent integration with modern build and deployment infrastructure.
- Experience with code versioning system using Git.
- Experience with Atlassian's JIRA, Confluence and Bitbucket.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.