As a DevOps Engineer you will be a member of a growing and highly skilled software design and engineering team. Alongside software development, the Application Design Engineer will introduce, promote and evolve software engineering excellence based on industry standards and best practices and personal experience.
You will always be working with the latest technologies in this career growth oriented company. They promote great work life balance, 40 hrs. per week max.
I've place 60 IT Engineers into this mid-sized company all in full time roles and look forward to working with you.
To avoid delays in having your resume reviewed please forward directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. As a qualified applicant I will respond to you same business day.
Interview process very seamless, typically one skype or phone screen and one onsite. Manager is a great person to work with, very team oriented.
location: Raleigh, North Carolina
job type: Permanent
work hours: 8 to 5
Alongside software development, you, as a DevOps Engineer will introduce, promote and evolve software engineering excellence based on industry standards and best practices and personal experience. As a DevOps engineer you will evolve, maintain and secure the team's continuous build, integration and deployment strategies and infrastructure. You will also, implement and enforce the principles of modern, services based system architecture within the engineering team. Sustainably drive the team towards the selection of appropriate tools and technologies. Finally, you will work with the team on specifying, architecting and designing products with excellent operationable characteristics.
- B.S. in computer science or equivalent experience.
- Software development experience using enterprise level programming languages.
- History in defining and operating virtual and cloud based infrastructure and services following the infrastructure as code principle.
- Familiarity with configuration management strategies and tools like Ansible and Helm.
- Hands-on experience with build automation and continuous integration tools.
- Basic knowledge of Unix based systems.
skills: Essential skills
- Experience using a variety of Amazon's Web Services offerings.
- Expertise in IaC using tools such as Terraform and CloudFormation.
- Provision software solutions using containerization technologies such as Docker.
- Monitoring, alerting and reporting enterprise-level infrastructure.
- Clean coding skills and excellent problem solving ability.
- A good understanding and appreciation of the Agile Software Development Process.
- Ability to work to a sprint plan, track progress, identify risks, anticipate and communicate delays to the team.
- Team player with the ability to both articulate thoughts and opinions but also listen and compromise.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced professional and international environment.
- Cultural awareness through work with global teams.
- Good verbal and written communications skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.