As a PMO PM, this position is expected to undertake small to mid-size projects/programs that are mid-level in complexity. He/she will be running the day-to-day coordination of IT projects and programs, in accordance with the established PMO standards. The PM is responsible to ensure all projects are properly documented and implemented in accordance to the approved project charter until the project/program is reassigned, cancelled or completed. The IT PMO PM is responsible for reporting and communicating the status of all their assigned project/programs, on a weekly basis to all business stakeholders, PMO Manager and IT Leadership. Project financial tracking and analysis will be monitored and reported, where information is able. This position is expected to be a self-starter needing little guidance and direction to manage their assigned projects.
location: Ontario, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $90,000 - 120,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
The IT Project Management Office is responsible for setting the standards for IT projects by defining and managing the project/program governance processes for all IT projects regarding project scoping & planning, new project intake & approval process, prioritizing, tracking, project communication, project documentation and reporting project status.
- Three (3) or more years of applicable work experience within project management
- Required certification as a Project Management Professional (PMP) from PMI, or equivalent using PMI methodology
- Some experience managing both operational and technical projects/programs all levels of complexity and size
- Experience managing multiple projects consecutively
- Understanding and experience with various project management methodologies (Agile, Scrum, Waterfall, etc.)
- Bachelor?s degree in Healthcare Management or Computer Science or related field
- Knowledge of integrated healthcare information systems preferred (Epic, Meditech, On-Base)
- Knowledge of healthcare industry and hospital operations preferred
- Experience managing and leading teams who are indirect reports
- Strong computer skills including Windows, Outlook, Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, and MS Project
- Occasionally works at night, weekends, holidays and some travel may be required.
skills: Strong written and oral communication skills are a must
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.