We have an excellent opportunity for a Systems Engineer in a full time position with one of our Philadelphia clients.
location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
job type: Permanent
salary: $80,000 - 85,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
- Responsible for application and server-related activities in the Technology Department, with emphasis on server/application maintenance and basic SQL database administration.
- Ensures high levels of performance and ensures thorough, positive communications with all vendors and Firm staff.
- Provide expertise to monitor systems performance and capacity, identifies, tests, and coordinates systems improvement/upgrades and verifies results.
- Expand or modify system to serve new purposes or improve workflow.
- Prepare regular status reports to managers regarding progress towards achievement of objectives. Informs manager in regard to problems and recommends and implements solutions.
- Ensure adequate security exists for the Firm's applications and servers.
- Analyze project data to determine specifications or requirements.
- Facilitate problem resolution as necessary, with vendors and staff.
- Work closely with the Human Resources Department and the Senior Engineer/DBA to maintain and develop solutions for Workday ERP.
- Provide excellent customer services by maintaining open line of communications with all users regarding application and server-related activities.
- Associates degree or equivalent technical education
- Five or more years in information systems with specific concentration on server-oriented responsibilities, including Windows 2008/12 (desktop and server), basic SQL 2005/12, and experience with Workday ERP.
- Server 2008/2012
- Programming objects (Views, Triggers, Stored Procedures, etc.)
- DB Security
- Familiarity with some 3rd party monitoring tools and/or INTAPP a plus
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with Workday Cloud ERP required
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills required
- Ability to interface with vendor technical support
- Ability to analyze problems and identify solutions.
- Ability to prepare clear, concise documentation and procedures.
- Excellent project management skills
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.