Randstad Technologies, a global and national leader in the IT Staffing and Services industry has an immediate need for a Big Data Engineer to sit onsite in Rockville, MD to join a highly talented and growing development team.
This is a long term contract paying $70-$80/hr. Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
location: Rockville, Maryland
job type: Contract
salary: $70 - 80 per hour
work hours: 9am to 6pm
- Analyze system requirements and design responsive algorithms and solutions
- Use big data and cloud technologies to produce production quality code
- Engage in performance tuning and scalability engineering
- Work with team, peers and management to identify objectives and set priorities
- Perform related SDLC engineering activities like sprint planning and estimation
- Work effectively in small agile teams
- Provide creative solutions to problems
- Identify opportunities for improvement and execute
- Must be familiar and stay current with industry best practices and trends
- Must be flexible and motivated to work in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to learn and implement new Data technologies as needed.
- Experience with cloud based Big Data technologies
- Proficiency in Hive and Spark SQL
- Experience with one or more programming languages like Python, Scala or Java
- Ability to push the frontier of technology and independently pursue better alternatives
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.