We are currently seeking a contract to hire Web Server System Administrator for the Houston, TX area. An ideal candidate will be a part of the Applications/Clinical Group within the Windows Server team. You will focus on clinical enterprise and departmental level application systems design, implementation, and support. You will be responsible for server administration, web application systems and support, systems integration, and will work closely with the application owners to help with performance tuning, troubleshooting, and upgrades.
location: Houston, Texas
job type: Contract
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Backend system support for client-server applications with a good understanding of SDLC (system design life cycle).
- Understanding of web technologies (IIS, Apache, LAMP/WAMP stack)
- Familiar with CMS suites such as Word Press, Umbraco, Moodle (from a server support perspective).
- Understanding of database technologies such as SQL Server, MySQL etc..
- Ability to understand project methodology and project management and tools such as Vizio and MS Project
- 2-4 years of Web Server Administration experience
- Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience in web application and server administration required
- Background to include systems and server support
- Server Administration: Installation, configuration, security and troubleshooting of Windows 2008+
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Must have the ability to think logically in solving problems, as well as implement workable solutions.
- Must be able to help the team resolve existing and new problems to help move project toward completion.
- Must be able to work as a team or independently
- Must have a broad scope of technical knowledge allowing them to handle all aspects of application management as well as communicate and discuss technical design issues and problem resolution with application and system administrators.
- Powershell, .NET, Java, PHP, and other scripting tools highly desired
- Knowledge or experience with SharePoint highly desired
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.