Sr. Azure Cloud Engineer
Clients OIT team is seeking a well-rounded Cloud Engineer that has demonstrated expertise with Azure platform as well as the network and security protocols that come along with creating an infrastructure. Must be highly motivated, self-starter and a change agent with experience and desire to drive organizations to be successful on the cutting-edge of Cloud technologies.
The selected candidate will be responsible for overall strategy, architecture and design of Clients OIT Commercial/Government Cloud service enablement. You will be asked to provide guidance across data, storage, network, virtualization, containerization and Security and help transform the organizations to take advantage of DevSecOps, CI/CD and agile methodologies.
location: Atlanta, Georgia
job type: Contract
salary: $42 - 50 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Execute POCs and Cloud placement/Cloud fit studies to help organization to make better business decisions in leveraging Cloud technologies for next-generation product innovation
- Help enhance Cloud Center of Excellence by defining and governing architectural standards/principles, global product security guidelines, cloud governance
- Stay current with IaaS & PaaS trends and research and implement containerization of cloud offerings.
- Actively facilitate and drive Cloud technology decisions within the organization and drive "Cloud First" strategy.
- 5-7 years of hands on experience in all aspects of cloud computing (compute, storage, platforms, data and security) with a proven track-record in implementing large scale cloud environments.
- Hands on experience in cloud computing-based services architecture, technical design and implementations including IaaS and PaaS is essential.
- Hands on experience with Microsoft Azure and operating familiarity of AWS platform is a must.
- Requires knowledge of Cloud cost optimization techniques.
- Experience in one or more automation languages (PowerShell, Python, Ruby, CLI) is a must, Azure Log Analytics, Azure Portal, Azure Services is a must.
- Knowledge of Azure ExpressRoute, DirectConnect, Firewalls, Gov. Cloud is essential
- Thorough understanding of infrastructure automation, CI/CD, networking, storage and cloud-based delivery models is essential.
- Knowledge in networking and web standards such as DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, HTTP, web security, firewalls is essential.
- Experience in autoscaling, load balancing, DR, SSO/Federation, AD/Azure AD is essential.
- Experience of DevOps with Azure and/or AWS CLI & Lambda is nice to have.
- Working knowledge of config management tools such as Chef, Puppet & Ansible is desired.
- Through understanding of Cloud native, vendor agnostic, cloud ready app development.
- Knowledge in cloud monitoring tools, application performance monitoring tools, operational dash-boarding is desired
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.