Copier Technician Adviser - Interpreter
The Technician Advisor/Interpreter position will be an In-House phone support role based in our US East Coast Headquarters location. Individual will be responsible for supporting Printer Technicians that are out in the field. This role will specifically deal with clients/personnel in Canada, and thus requires a French speaking individual.
location: Ramsey, New Jersey
job type: Contract
work hours: 8am to 5pm
education: No Degree Required
· French speaking/interpretation skill required
· PC/Network experience; ideally would have understanding of the complete line of Konica Minolta Work Group & Production products and the various host environments and operating systems which include Windows, Mac, Netware and UNIX.
· Proficiently provide hardware and software technical support for Konica Minolta Work Group & Production products in various network environments.
· Wide Format product knowledge is a plus.
· Must be proficient on color issues as well as on Fiery, Creo, and Empron controllers.
· Must have a good understanding of the main applications utilized with our Work Group products & Production Products such as the Adobe product suite and have an understanding of protocols and topologies such as TCP/IP, Ethertalk, Netware, Wireless and USB.
· Proficient in understanding of the page description languages such as Postscript, PCL, PJL and PDF.
· Ideal to have solution experience such as Equitrac, Ecopy, Page Scope Enterprise Suite
· Candidate should have 5+ years of recent experience maintaining and supporting Commercial level Printers/Copiers. Commercial = only major Brands such as Xerox, Kyocera, Sharp and Canon
· Candidate ideally has experience working with Production Machines; Production machines are printers that complete large projects on a daily basis.....120 pages per minute, perforate, creasing and binding are a few examples.
skills: · IT knowledge is required, prefer candidates that have their A+ or Net+ certifications but will consider anyone that has a solid understanding of IT.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.