- As Product Manager, you will guide a group chartered to successfully develop, define and deliver a product line for Walmart eCommerce.
- This extends from increasing the viability of existing products to developing new products for the company.
- You must possess a unique blend of technical and business understanding; strategic planning, and the drive to deliver.
- You must be able to effectively communicate and build collaboration at all areas and levels of the business and engineering.
- The product manager will own the product line, build strong cross-functional relationships, and communicate both internally and externally.
location: Sunnyvale, California
job type: Contract
salary: $72.00 - 79.20 per hour
work hours: 9am to 6pm
responsibilities: Specific Responsibilities
- Gather input from a variety of internal and external sources to define product concepts.
- Work in close collaboration with our engineers and business owners to manage product/project related tasks.
- Respond to the needs of customers throughout the development process.
- Develop detailed requirements, feature definitions and implementation plans.
- Compose clear, succinct user stories that capture user empathy as part of an Agile project framework. Manage product backlog and user story priorities.
- Participate on cross-functional teams during the entire lifecycle of product development. Proactively identify problems that arise, outline options, recommend solutions, and escalate as needed.
- Champion the needs of business teams and stakeholders throughout the development process, ensuring that what is delivered meets the original goals and objectives of the project.
- Convincingly communicate product solutions and benefits to customers and stakeholders.
- Hands on experience in converting business requirements into actionable requirement for engineering teams. Gather business requirements, Write BRDs, functional Specification, User flows, System flows, Technical Specification including API specifications
- Define the metrics that measure product success, and use data to drive decisions.
- The Product Manager will be heavily involved with business and marketing teams in customer research activities including market research, usability testing, live on-site experiments, and analysis of site analytics.
- Aid in leading a team of highly technical developers & testers as part of an agile scrum team.
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
skills: Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- 5+ years of relevant experience preferably in an agile development environment or 4 years hands-on software development experience
- 2 yearsexperience in product management with proven track record of delivering top notch products that delight users.
- Domain knowledge in e-commerce, retail, online advertising and/or analytics.
- Strong execution skills and ability to ?drivethroughout the product lifecycle, from concept to launch.
- Ability to develop and implement a business strategy and make dynamic adjustments as landscapes shift.
- Strong technical knowledge and an ability to influence engineering decisions.
- Strong presentation and written/oral communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to draw insights from data
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.