Who we are:
In global markets, buy-side and sell-side professionals strive to achieve the best execution across multiple asset classes. Our Electronic Trading Operations (ETO) team is responsible for ensuring the implementation, stability, and reliability of those offerings.
We implement new connections and detect, analyze, and resolve issues impacting applications and connectivity with clients, vendors, exchanges, brokers, and ATS venues. We ensure seamless performance with our Electronic Trading platforms through interaction with Bloomberg Product areas, Network Operations, Engineering, and Bloomberg's clients.
We are ambitious and set ourselves tough business goals. We are a meritocracy, where everyone has a voice - not a job title. Working with people you trust, respect, and can collaborate with is more important than titles or position.
Who you are:
You come to work with a purpose. You work fast and hard, understand what urgency means to a trader, are curious and take pride in being customer service driven. You love being part of a team where clients count on you every day, and you challenge and support your colleagues to innovate, learn and deliver the best service possible.
What's The Role?
As an Electronic Trading Operations Representative, you're essential in minimizing impact and mitigating financial risk for our clients across their electronic trading solutions. They'll depend on you to ensure a smooth transition process post sale through to solution go-live.
You'll be a key part of our team at the frontline providing specialized technical support and responsible for implementing new electronic trading connections for our clients.
location: New York, New York
job type: Permanent
salary: $135,000 - 155,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
We'll Trust You To:
- Analyze and troubleshoot issues related to our Electronic Trading products in a production environment
- Build and certify new connections, configure applications for these connections, and complete post-production testing
- Handle client communication using language appropriate for non-technical users
- Prevent production incidents and outages by partnering with Engineering and Product teams to design and implement future system and Product changes
- Examine root cause statistics for trends in production issues
- Design improvements to existing and new Configuration, Monitoring, and Troubleshooting Support tools
- Help prioritize and be responsible for the Product backlog
- Conduct capacity planning by analyzing client flows and trading statistics
- Help develop metrics for internal consumption and trading system benchmarking
- Help design and document trading system recovery procedures
- Provide client feedback to the Product team collated through the certification process
- Work closely with our clients and our internal Product, Tradedesk, and Engineering groups to facilitate expectations, influence and expedite implementation and resolution of issues
You'll Need To Have:
- 4-7+ years working experience in similar application support roles
- A technical curiosity with a passion for customer service and a genuine interest in financial markets.
- Experience in UNIX and Linux operating systems and commands, troubleshooting LAN / WAN, and in Middleware connectivity (TCP/IP, MQ, UDP)
- Knowledge of Message Protocols; FIX would be a nice to have
- Proven history of solving complex problems with a keen eye for detail
- A willingness to learn and apply knowledge
- Superb communication and client facing skills
- An ability to handle your time effectively and multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Good project management skills for executing customer driven short term projects and implementation requests
- Ability to remain calm working with urgency, multi-task, be a team-player, be client focused, and to adapt in a dynamic changing environment
skills: We'd Love To See:
- A Computer Science or Technology related degree
- Good working product knowledge of Equity, Options, Futures, Fixed Income and FX market workflows and any exposure to Broker/Dealers, Hedge Funds and Regulatory Reporting requirements.
- Experience with SQL or transactional databases and operating large structured and un-structured datasets (such as indexed data and delimited complex system logs)
- Exposure to scripting languages, such as Perl, Bash, Korn, and/or Python
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.