Randstad Technologies is looking for a Product Information Technical Writer.
location: Raleigh, North Carolina
job type: Contract
salary: $31 - 52 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
A Technical Writer is an individual who is well versed in the understanding of Information Technology and the best way to document it. The role requires a basic knowledge of converged networked environments, systems management, operational support, and business systems. A Technical Writer is primarily focused on creating and writing various types of user documentation, including how-to guides, references, manuals, Help files, or instructions.
qualifications: Knowledge Skill Requirements:
This position requires 2-4 years of technical writing experience. Product Management experience is beneficial (including Aha, Jira, and Agile methodologies). Demonstrable experience in information gathering, user analysis, content specification/development, technical review, editorial review, and publishing is required. Experience with network/systems management products is essential. A college education is preferred. The applicant must possess exceptional writing and verbal communications skills. The position requires the ability to make customer deliverables in accordance with a timeline. Effective oral and written skills are required.
Must have intermediate computer skills and knowledge of the following Microsoft programs; Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint and PowerPoint. The applicant must also be familiar with Linux and other open source Operating Systems. The applicant must have a working knowledge of the SalesForce Knowledge technologies.
skills: Job Duties:
- Technical writing tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Create and maintain product and/or system specification/enhancement documentation.
- Create product documentation that explains technical ideas in simple language
- Adjusting existing documentation as necessary
- Create and maintain the platform documentation life-cycle
- Create internal product documentation that coincides with each product release.
- Deliver all required product documentation for each release by the pre-determined deadline
- Maintain the product internal documentation site and associated templates
- Attend development/engineering team meetings to ensure that all cases that require product/platform documentation are understood and request additional information when necessary
- Create documentation requested by non-product management sources upon approval
- Project and task management: As required, successfully manage the initiation, planning, execution, and closing of assigned project initiatives
- Develop procedures for enhancing how product/platform documentation is delivered to the intended audience.
- From time to time we may require members to obtain additional certification levels (including, but not limited to professional and/or security certifications/clearances) required to achieve the objectives of the company
- Special Projects: Participate in special projects and perform related duties as assigned by department management. Additional duties may include after-hour documentation support duties.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.