Production Support Engineer
- Support and maintain processes that aim to improve the availability, scalability, SLA, and efficiency of Core services platform and applications.
- Solve problems relatied to the Core services systems and the buildout of automation to prevent problem recurrence; with the goal of automating response to all non-exceptional service conditions.
- Influence and create new designs, software, architectures, standards and methods for large-scale distributed systems.
- Engage in service capacity planning and demand forecasting, software performance analysis and system tuning.
- Troubleshoot and mitigate problems in mission-critical systems. Advise the team during postmortems on effectively avoiding repeated incidents
- Troubleshooting user reported issues and escalated issues
- Assisting production support team members with user reported issues and escalated issues
- Serving as a subject matter expert for other team members regarding data and application functionality
- Partnering with EGS/offshore production support team
- Works with development teams to identify improvements in applications
- Supports application Technology risk execution and compliance initiatives.
- On call support for the Enterprise Core data Services systems.
location: Charlotte, North Carolina
job type: Contract
salary: $35.83 - 40.31 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Monitoring and instrumentation tools, App Dynamics, ITRS Geonos, Splunk and Tableau reporting.
Develops new runbook documentation, departmental technical procedures and user guides
Manages and owns application issues and incident life cycle, drive recurring issues to permanent resolutions, implement preventive measures to avoid repetitive issues.
Debug, troubleshoot, root cause analysis and resolve issues within SLA.
Resolve complex problems with long term fixes following ETL best practices. Collaborate with technology team to identify solutions and review of complex bugs and incident resolution.
Perform weekly incident/problem review meetings with application team.
Responsible for on-call 24 x 7 production system support, including off hours and weekend
Development of daily start of day checks and system healths.
Management of application release and change management process.
Responsiblility includes continued system improvements to help reduce tech debt costs
Perform custom, ad-hoc data analysis and reporting based on stakeholder requests within SLA.
- Undergraduate degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, related discipline or equivalent experience
- 5+ Years of Production support and incident management experience in a Windows environment
- 3+ years experience providing administration, development and operational support for SSIS
- 3+ years IIS administration experience
- 2+ years MQ, Solace, TIBCO support experience.
- ITSM and ITIL experience in a production support environment.
- 2+ Years of CI/CD experience using Open Source tools like Github, Udeploy, Jenkins, Maven, Ant, etc.
skills: Communicate with stakeholders in case of delays or SLA breaches.
Management of the problem and incident resolution process.
Resolves incidents within defined service levels.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.