is seeking an experienced Oracle Data Integration (ODI) person who will be responsible for reviewing, designing, developing, and implementing our data integration efforts for current data warehouse and planned enhancements. The candidate must have experience in data integration in a data warehouse environment including integration of data from disparate systems and proprietary formats.
Under general supervision, the Data Integration person shall provide strategic level technical leadership for the integration effort and must be able to perform hands on analysis and implementation. She or he must also clearly understand the business objectives and be able to communicate issues to the business and technical stakeholders verbally and in writing. He or she must also be able to understand the different standards in the Education domain CEDS, SIF, IMS GLC, PESC, State Core model and provide guidance to technical staff, project managers and insure vendors adhere to the standards. The role also requires development and implementation of realistic integration plans.
location: Malden, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $40 - 45 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
responsibilities: Responsibilities Strategy & Planning
- Create short-term tactical solutions to achieve long-term objectives and an overall data management roadmap.
- Assist with assessing and determining governance, stewardship, and frameworks for managing data across the organization.
- Establish methods and procedures for tracking data quality, completeness, redundancy, and improvement.
- Conduct data capacity planning, life cycle, duration, usage requirements, feasibility studies, and other tasks.
- Develop and deliver long-term strategic goals for data integration standards in conjunction with data users, department managers, clients, and other key stakeholders.
- Develop integration process data flows and data mapping analyses.
- Address data-related problems in regards to systems integration, compatibility, and multiple-platform integration.
- Develop and promote data integration methodologies and standards.
- Act as an advocate of data integration and management, including coaching, training, and career development to staff.
- Develop and implement key components as needed to create testing criteria in order to guarantee the fidelity and performance of data architecture.
Identify and develop opportunities for data reuse, migration, or retirement of systems.
qualifications: Required Experience
- Minimum of4 years Oracle ODI experience.
- 8+ years overall experience in Data Integration, Data Architecture, Data Modeling, and implementation.
- Minimum of 5 years of full lifecycle data warehousing experience.
- Implementation of ODI interfaces and scenarios for extracting and loading data from a variety of data sources/targets including, Relational Database Management servers (including Oracle RDBMS, flat files (including CSV, Excel, & XML file formats), and web services (SOAP, WS-I Security).
- Experience with Set up, configuring and administration of ODI according to requirements.
- BI knowledge a requirement - 5 years in BI from ETL perspective.
- Design experience of the detailed ETL architecture, including agents, scenarios, packages, data mapping, data extractions, transformations and validations. This ETL design and implementation should include stand-alone and Java EE agents, ODI data services, ODI Console, ODI studio, and other appropriate development tools.
- Ability to observe steps and ascertain success of step or failure and root cause of step(s).
- Experience in Master Data Management and Meta Data Management.
- Experience in Dimensional Modeling.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate the overall customer data architecture to both technical and business constituencies.
- Creating Interfaces in order to move data from source to target.
- Assist infrastructure personnel in implementing the ODI migration process to migrate the ODI configuration through various development, test, and production environments.
- Develop system /integration test plans and scenarios for data loads and extracts.
- Manage and monitor production and non-production ETL sessions.
- Mentor and transfer ODI technical knowledge and processes to other team and department personnel, as requested.
skills: Desired Experience
- Good knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws (FERPA).
- Experience in an education environment a plus.
- Experience with Oracle Exadata is a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.