We are seeking a highly skilled data engineer to join us in building a business intelligence data systems from ground up. The engineer will design and establish the analytics database; The engineer will analyze various internal and external data sources and develop the data pipelines and ETLs to feed the databases systematically using modern Data-Engineering technologies.
location: Yonkers, New York
job type: Permanent
work hours: 9 to 5
- Design , Deploy, performance tune and monitor analytical databases
- Design, Build, and Launch new data models , data pipelines and ETLs that ingest, map, aggregate, and broadcast data feeds to internal and external groups
- Design, develop, and deploy various data visualizations
- Analyze business requirements, provide development estimates and feedback, and determine implementation/execution approaches.
- Work with other software engineers, database developers, infrastructure, operations and QA teams to design and implement quality software solutions
- Support, troubleshoot, monitor and optimize existing data engineering systems
- Help streamline software development by contributing to the implementation of a continuous integration process, automating manual processes, and eliminating defects
- Performs other duties as assigned but not at a higher level
- Experience as a Data Engineer or related specialty (e.g., Software Engineer, Business Intelligence Engineer, Data Scientist) with a track record of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large and complex datasets.
- Strong knowledge of DBMS concepts with hands-on experience architecting and deploying Nosql Databases (MongoDB), and working knowledge of Relational Databases (Oracle)
- Strong scripting experience using Python/Bash in Linux/UNIX environment to process and analyze large data sets
- Knowledge and Hands-on experience with object-oriented Programming languages and frameworks - Java/JEE, Spring, in development for modern data engineering systems
- Strong Knowledge and Hands-on experience in building ETL systems and data-pipelines.
- Experience with technologies such as Apache Spark, Kafka, Flume, Sqoop is a big plus
- Experience with data visualizations software (Tableau/Qlikview)
- Experience with AWS technologies - EC2, S3, EMR, etc.
- Experience working in projects involving building Data Warehouse, Data Lakes, Big data ecosystem (Hadoop, HDFS, Hive, and Hbase ) and Data Science is a plus
skills: Experience working with modern tools in the Agile software development life cycle - Version Control Systems (Ex. git, github, Stash/BitBucket), Knowledge Management (Ex. Confluence, Google Docs), Development Workflow (Ex. Jira), Continuous Integration (Ex. Bamboo, Jenkins), Real Time Collaboration (Ex. Hipchat, Slack)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.