A client of ours in Denton, TX is looking for a SAP FICO Analyst for a permanent opportunity.
Reporting to the Manager of SAP COE, the Finance and Controlling (FICO) specialist will provide leadership as well as hands on experience for implementing *best practice* processes in the Finance and Controlling module of SAP. The candidate is ultimately responsible for his/her area of SAP, including blueprint optimization, customer satisfaction, managing consultants and delivery of projects, with minimum day to day supervision.
location: Denton, Texas
job type: Permanent
salary: $130,000 - 135,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
- Works closely with the User Subject Matter Experts, user community, other SAP business analysts, SAP development team and other team members on IT projects.
- Researches, analyzes, designs, identifies and facilitates process improvements that focus on providing standard SAP functionality to meet business requirements wherever possible
- Provides training and mentoring to others in the company related to area of expertise
- Defines and implements best business practices, adhering to the business standards for the FICO functional processes
- Translates business requirements into detailed functional specifications, test scripts, and other system documentation while adhering to company standards
- Identifies costs, benefits, risks, and alternatives in proposed system designs and their impact on the integration with other systems and SAP modules
- Performs SAP configuration to support changing and new business needs.
- Troubleshoots application problems and proposes optimal resolutions.
- Provides on-call support and evening and weekend work as required in a 24/7 high availability environment.
- Supports for monthly and year-end activities.
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting, administration or business related major. MBA or CPA preferred.
- Requires 7 years' experience in an SAP ERP environment, with at least 3 years front end business experience as an accountant or finance professional, and 5 years of experience supporting the Finance and controlling functions within SAP FICO.
- Experience with at least one full life cycle implementation. Project management experience preferred.
- Must be an SAP accounting and costing expert. Ability to implement best practices of AP, AR, internal orders and product costing including general ledger, controlling area, cost center accounting and profit center accounting, knowledge on how to create cost elements, cost center, valuation profiles, internal orders and reporting.
- Experience on Setting of New Financial statement version i.e. Balance Sheet & Income Statement for new Group Account.
- Extensive knowledge/experience with the development of functional specifications as well as development requirements is required.
- Overall understanding and knowledge of SAP BW/SAP Queries.
- Proven ability to quickly learn existing Business Processes and combine knowledge from multiple disciplines (e.g. SAP capability, Standard industry best practice) in order to produce an optimal business solution.
- Possesses the skills to initiate, evaluate, develop, defend, and influence users on adoption of solid, actionable recommendations.
- Ability to travel to other facilities as required
- Excellent communication and business relationship skills
- Must be able to effectively communicate
- Can work in a face paced environment
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.