SOFTWARE CONFIG MGT ANALYST I
Job Description :
The Client Civil Health Operation is seeking a Configuration Management (CM) engineer to work in Bethesda, MD. The CM Engineer will support the configuration management and operational needs for multiple Agile development teams in support of our NIH customer. Primary duties will include branching, merging, and tagging code; developing deployment and rollback plans; and maintaining and administrating our Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) pipeline in a cloud-based environment. We are seeking an engineer with strong configuration management skills, system administration skills, and experience building and deploying both Java and .NET applications in a CI/CD environment.
location: Bethesda, Maryland
job type: Contract
salary: $35 - 40 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree. One to two years of experience will also be considered in lieu of degree.
- Position requires US Citizenship or US Permanent Residency Status and the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
- Must have strong oral and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to clearly communicate with both internal teams and the customer
- Ability to coordinate with both internal and customer teams
- Highly proficient in Git and version control best practices including branching and merging strategies
- Experience in administrating Jenkins or Bamboo
- Experience in administrating Artifactory or Nexus
- Maven - Must be able to thoroughly develop and maintain documentation
- Experience with Linux configuration and system administration
- Working knowledge of SQL, specifically PostgreSQL and MS SQL Server
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
skills: Desired Skills:
- Experience developing Chef Cookbooks and Recipes
- Experience working in and administering Azure
- RHEL 7
- Experience with MS Windows Server configuration and system administration
- Bash and Powershell scripting
- Experience working in a cloud environment
- System Administration experience
Requires the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.