job summary: Responsibilities:
- Design test processes and procedures used to ensure that software operates within defined requirements.
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases.
- Implement test plans, automation, and validation strategies.
- In depth functional testing - Must be able to evaluate functional stability to ensure business requirements are being met and are "fit-for-purpose" through end to end functional and automation testing.
- Work closely with software developers and business analysts to resolve issues.
- Clearly communicate any obstacles to raise awareness and avoid project impediments and overall project timeline disruption.
- Collaborate with Product Owner, Business Analysts and Developers on tasks related to the planning, testing and coordination of release activities.
- Participate in user story creation process through dissection of high-level requirements during team review sessions.
- Performs gap analysis to identify opportunities for process improvement or management control of work flow.
- Creates requirements definition documentation, including use cases, and functional specifications to capture business needs and for validation.
- Develop and maintain automated test scripts to reduce repetitive manual testing.
- Creates workflow diagrams to document current and future business environment.
- Identifies and resolves problems which may impact projects by monitoring progress and project status.
location: San Rafael, California
job type: Contract
salary: $52.94 - 60.00 per hour
work hours: 9am to 6pm
- Escalates important issues to the attention of Management so that decisions can be made promptly.
- Responds and communicates efficiently between the business, tech and QA team on projects and to facilitate resolution of user issues as and when necessary.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, Computer Engineering, or equivalent technical degree
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, Computer Engineering, or equivalent technical degree
- 5+ years of work experience in IT
- 2 to 5 years of experience with Salesforce Sales/Service Cloud and Salesforce Partner Community
- Hands on Salesforce System Administration experience
- Experience with automation testing preferred.
- General knowledge of Web applications and Internet architecture.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize and solve problems proactively.
- Demonstrate the ability to work systematically and logically to analyze situations, resolve problems, identify root causes, and anticipate implications.
- Team player with customer focus
- Clear and effective communications skills
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases.
- Knowledge of testing integrations, end-to-end system processes.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.