IT Business Analyst Associate - Finance
Our client is currently seeking an IT Business Analyst Associate - Finance for a 4+ month contract opportunity located in San Francisco, CA.
Finance - Corporate Accounting/Tax
The tax information reporting analyst is responsible for payment data validation, processing and issuance of the annual tax reporting for payments made by Company to its providers, brokers, and vendors.
location: San Francisco, California
job type: Contract
salary: $20 - 27 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
education: High School
- Process internally generated data for the accurate issuance of IRS forms 1099-MISC and 1099-INT
- Processing of payee provided forms W-9 and updating of OneSource records for name, address and entity type
- Assist with the processing and correction of payee data in compliance with federal and state tax regulations
- Maintenance of tax records
- Help design and/or improve controls and develop appropriate compliance policies and procedures
- Compile, research, and analyze various reporting issues
- Assist in responding to inquiries from tax authorities and payees
- Additional duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree is preferred
- 2+ years of tax information reporting and compliance experience is required
- Strong interpersonal skills for customer facing interactions
- Strong written communication skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel for information delivery purposes
Additional Skills and Responsibilities:
- Receive assignments in the form of objectives and establish goals to meet objectives
- Ensure clearly documented and communicated work flow procedures and guidelines are followed
- May lead special projects
- Frequently interact with supervisors, outside customers, and functional peer groups at various levels
- Monitor on-going performance and communicate expectations and results
Required Skills (top 3 to 5/ non-negotiables):
2+ years of tax information reporting and compliance
Strong interpersonal skills for customer facing interactions
Strong written communication skills
Strong analytical skills
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.