- Please provide writing samples in submittal Candidate must provide a synopsis of project scope along with sample
- As a User Experience writer, you are an advocate for Google design, working to shape product experiences by creating useful, meaningful text that helps users complete the task at hand.
- You help set the vision for content and drive cohesive product narratives across multiple platforms and touch points.
- As a stellar writer, you have a portfolio of work that demonstrates content that simplifies and beautifies the overall user experience.
- You work with people in a variety of UX design-related jobs including researchers, product managers, engineers, marketing and customer operations.
- Collaborating with each, you strive to establish cohesive language and a unified voice across products and platforms.
- You regularly use empathy, logic and hard data to inform content choices, and are an expert in your product.
- You provide content recommendations that include the right words and sometimes complementary data and images.
- You use your gift for language to design intuitive, delightful product experiences that help users accomplish their goals.
- You're also a content strategist, defining product vision and narratives across multiple platforms and touch points.
- As a writer, you have a portfolio of work that demonstrates your gift for simplifying and improving user experiences.
- UX Writers work with people in a variety of disciplines, including design, researcher, product management, engineering, legal, marketing, and customer operations.
- Collaborating with each, you strive to establish a unified voice across products. You regularly use empathy, logic, and hard data to inform content choices and to advocate for the user.
location: Mountain View, California
job type: Contract
salary: $100.00 - 110.43 per hour
work hours: 9am to 6pm
- Use writing and editing skills to write UI text that facilitates user navigation, as well onboarding, promos, error messages, instructional materials, and other components of the end-to-end user experience.
- Drive vision for product language and content across a product or subject-matter domain, and ensure cohesive product narratives;
- Document your strategies with guidelines, and establish best practices and strategy principles.
- Collaborate with designers, researchers, legal, marketing, product managers, and engineers; Influence and adapt to stakeholders and their feedback.
Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, Technical Writing, UX, HCI or equivalent practical experience.
- 4 years of relevant experience on user-focused writing, including work in hardware, software, digital agency, documentation or journalism.
- Experience shaping content for projects, with a portfolio of UX-focused writing samples and style guidelines.
- Portfolio of UX-focused writing samples and style guidelines.
- Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, Technical Writing, UX, HCI or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience developing information architecture for complex documentation sets or product suits;
- Experience with localization and accessibility best practices. Knowledge of online technology and related products, including web and mobile UI and tools.
- Familiarity with user experience research principles and practices and how to use data to provide informed user insights.
- The ability to lead, collaborate, and influence (with and without formal authority) engineering, design, and product management teams.
- Skills as a self-starter who can manage projects in a fast-paced environment and remain focused amidst frequently changing requirements.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.