Our Client is seeking a Senior Security Analyst to work an exciting project in Duluth, Georgia.
The Senior Analyst should have
the ability to provide positive individual contributions in the implementation, operations and support of enterprise security solutions in a global, multi-data center environment. The ideal candidate will have experience and direct knowledge of managing security infrastructure in large complex global multi-datacenter environments. The primary functions will be to develop, maintain and advance the security posture of the company in order to adequately protect assets. This individual will manage and enhance the effectiveness of current security tools and applications including network, application and database firewall infrastructure; web content filtering technologies; VPN/network gateway infrastructure; security XML firewalls; corporate security policies, programs, and procedures to protect information systems' assets from intentional or inadvertent modification, disclosure or destruction. Providing reports as requested to management regarding the effectiveness of network and data security, and making recommendations for the adoption of new policies, procedures and technologies as required.
location: Duluth, Georgia
job type: Contract
salary: $44 - 47 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
responsibilities: Job Responsibilities:
- Knowledge of security best practices and procedures.
- Effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to provide support in resolving IT security or related product issues as required.
- Team-oriented and skilled in working within a collaborative environment.
- The ability to interpret technical needs and provide thorough and complete support.
- Effective communications, interpersonal, strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Support incident management processes and security monitoring alerts in preventing internal / external hackers from compromising data and assets.
- Support new and existing security solutions and partner with the security engineering team for the implementation and integration of any new enhancements made to existing security solutions in support of improving overall enterprise security.
- Ensure security tools and solutions hardware/software/devices are operating effectively and updated in a timely manner.
- Understand the latest hacker techniques and propose appropriate countermeasures, configurations and awareness.
- Ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the data residing on or transmitted to/from/through enterprise networks.
- Perform ticket queue monitoring, resolution and prioritization, maintain diagrams and documentation as appropriate and support firewall rule set reviews, auditing and maintenance activities
qualifications: Job Qualifications:
- The ideal candidate will have experience and direct knowledge of managing security infrastructure in large complex global multi-datacenter environments.
- 5+ years of experience in IT Security or related area with a focus on security tool technology, security management and policy enforcement
- 3+ years of relevant technical experience.
- 3+ years of experience working in a progressive information security operations or engineering group.
- Need excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Need exceptional planning, organization, communication, multi-tasking, prioritization, and business analysis skills.
- The ability to work independently; in addition to working closely in a team environment.
- Checkpoint VSX and Provider 1 experience (required)
- Networking knowledge (required)
- Familiarity and/or comfortability with Linux/Unix commands (required)
- Crossbeam experience preferred
- Palo Alto /Panorama experience preferred
- VMWare NSX experience preferred
- Cisco ASA experience / Juniper Firewall experience a plus
- Scripting - Bash or Python preferred
- VPN troubleshooting preferred
- Imperva Database, Web Application firewall and XML firewall exposure
- Arcsight exposure
- Splunk exposure
- Strong understanding of OSI layers 2, 3, & 4
- SSL Certificate experience
- Proxy / Threat Management Gateway experience
Bachelor of Science in Information Technology, Management Information Systems or Risk Management.
skills: Job Skills:
- Prior experience with network security & related applications, tools and solutions
- 5+ years' experience in a large complex Checkpoint firewall environment
- Deep understanding of network routing and switching architecture, design and troubleshooting
- Experience supporting 24x7x365 high availability solutions in large complex data center environments
- Technical product training and certifications, network hardware and application security training and/or certifications.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.