Under general supervision of the Director of Information Technology, this position is responsible for the review, selection, development, implementation, and maintenance of custom applications and EDI interfaces used throughout the client. This position participates in the entire software development lifecycle for applications and EDI interfaces that are developed in-house. Additional responsibilities include the development, maintenance and troubleshooting of custom application workflows, webpages, and reports as needed by the client business units.
location: Phoenix, Arizona
job type: Contract
salary: $33 - 35 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
responsibilities: Example of Duties:
- Work with Business Unit and Information Technology staff to gather requirements and analyze business needs as they relate to the purchase of commercial off-the-shelf software, and the development of custom software/interfaces.
- Analyze transactional data from internal and external systems.
- Custom development of software and data interfaces for the client Business Unit Applications.
- Custom development of web pages, report pages, custom reports and application-related workflow items.
- Creation, execution, and documentation of business needs/requests, test plans and bug reports.
- Development and maintenance of system-generated electronic reports.
- Creation and maintenance of documentation on program functionality, features, and workflow items.
- Monitoring, troubleshooting, and resolving issues related to internal and external data interfaces.
- Assist other Information Technology team members with desktop support functions (hardware/software installation, configuration, troubleshooting) on an as-needed basis
- Provide technical assistance to application end-users by answering questions, conducting training, or resolving computer/software-related problems in person, via telephone or from remote locations on an as-needed basis.
- Create and update entries in the clients Development System/Software Repository.
- Create and update entries and Knowledge Base Articles in a ticketing system.
qualifications: Minimum Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- At least three years of experience in an application development position.
- The ability to follow oral and written instructions
skills: Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficient with Microsoft Windows client and server operating systems.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software packages (including Microsoft Access).
- Advanced knowledge of Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS) including Microsoft SQL Server.
- Proficient in Structured Query Language (SQL).
- Ability to analyze transactions as they are processed through a system or set of systems.
- Ability to analyze and manipulate datasets to meet customer needs.
- Working knowledge of ANSI X12 transactions and Electronic Data Interchange (EDI).
- Working knowledge of Crystal Reports.
- Working knowledge of Visual Studio Online or other source code management system.
- Experience with Altona MapForce or similar software.
- Proven ability to understand projects from the perspective of both client and business.
- Ability to work independently and multi-task effectively.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English.
- Excellent customer service skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.