- Work with Help Desk and Managed Services teams to optimize corporate infrastructure, ensuring efficient operations and compliance with Service Level Agreements (SLA).
- Recommend, design and deploy performance monitoring tools and tune the environment accordingly.
- Meet or exceed corporate SLAs on availability and system capacity.
- Participate in Configuration Management of Corporate IT environment.
- Ensure that daily, monthly, quarterly and annual system sustainment procedures are followed.
- Plan, execute and document infrastructure software / hardware updates.
- Participate in Change Management control of Corporate IT assets.
- Some travel required within the DC area and less than 10% within the Mid-Atlantic region.
location: Columbia, Maryland
job type: Contract
salary: $43.50 - 54.25 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Strong IP networking skills
- Strong virtual and appliance based Palo Alto
- Familiarity of VMware networking
- Cisco Certified Network Professional - strong familiarity with Cisco Ethernet switches (3850, 2960, Nexxus)
- Cisco ISE (Identity Services Engine) for 802.1x port level device authentication.
- Palo Alto
o Firewalls (5020, 3020, 500)
o Anti-malware / Wildfire
o Global Protect remote VPN
o B2B (aka IPSec site to site tunnels)
- Strong IP Networking experience.
- Cisco Switching and Routing
- Cisco ISE
- Palo Alto Firewall and VPN portal
- OSPF Routing
- Windows Active Directory management
- Can work efficiently with minimal supervision.
- Can mentor other network engineers and IT staff.
- Can lead project teams and generate status reports.
- Can gather project specifications from customers and create a plan to implement.
- Create/maintain accurate system documentation.
- Work closely with security team audits and track remediation plans to closure.
- Experience with Big IP F5 LTM.
- Microsoft certification
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.