Sr. Data Modeler
This role will work with the data owner (or delegate) and other data subject matter experts (SMEs) to build and maintain the terms and definitions for business data to be stored within the Single Family (SF) Business Glossary, and maintain the mapping of the terms and definitions to the Business Information Model (BIM) This role will work with business stakeholders to ensure consistency of data naming conventions and standards within the business data domains, and work with technology partners to ensure that the physical data models to be implemented are consistent with the BIM.
Ideal candidates would have strong knowledge and passion for data modeling, metadata management and data requirements development. They should also understand financial services and/or mortgage data and standards (e.g., MISMO).
location: Mc Lean, Virginia
job type: Contract
salary: $50 - 58 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
The role would require working in a matrix environment so candidates should have a demonstrated track record of partnering across a diverse set of stakeholders and project participants. Examples of these stakeholders would include External Business Customers, Sales, Operations, IT, Legal, and Finance/Accounting.
The ability and willingness to independently analyze structured and unstructured data and produce high-quality data models and data requirements is a must.
Basic skills -
- Ability to use various data analysis techniques to create conceptual and logical model representations of business data and related business behaviors.
-Experience creating application logical data models.
-Experience creating data lineage and management artifacts (such as data flow diagrams and data dictionaries).
- Assists business analysts with finding relationships in data.
- Experience with Idera ER/Studio Data Architect, Informatica, or other data modeling and data management tools.
- Experience with metadata management techniques.
- Experience with relational database structures, dimensional models, ETL and Big Data technologies.
- Familiarity with MISMO model and specifications.
- Familiarity with Uniform Mortgage Data Program (UMDP).
- Typically has a bachelor's degree and 5 - 7 years related experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including the ability to develop and deliver presentations to multiple types of audiences. Must be able to interact cross-functionally and drive both business and technical discussions.
- Ability to work collaboratively with key internal stakeholders, external customers, external stakeholders, and vendors.
skills: Experience using SQL or other data querying languages for database and data structure analysis.
- MS or above in a technical or information analytical field, such as Data Analytics, Data Science, Information Management, Computer Science, Engineering, or Information Systems.
- Development experience with SQL, PL/SQL, DDL, XML, and SPARQL is a plus.
- Experience with creating data architectures for highly complex business domains.
- Experience with event-driven and message-based technical design patterns.
- Highly driven, results-oriented, creative and nimble problem solver and a willingness to do "whatever it takes" to deliver business value quickly.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.