Cloud Software Engineer
You will help us improve OpenStack in a full-scale deployment. We are improving the state of the art in OpenStack. We're moving quickly, and you'll need to engage with other teams across Cisco to deliver.
Ideally: you know clouds; you breathe clouds; you hack clouds. You should have proven experience with Linux, Openstack, Ansible and Python, you should understand what makes Infrastructure as a Service tick.
location: Durham, North Carolina
job type: Contract
salary: $45.00 - 56.25 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
Technical Expertise Requirements:
- Redhat Enterprise Linux and/or CentOS build, development, and operations
- OpenStack development and operations experience
- Experience with Ansible and automation skills
- Software development lifecycle including design, development, testing, packaging, deployment, upgrade and support. Git, Gerrit, and Jenkins
- Python coding experience
- Experience with other configuration management tools (Puppet, chef, salt)
- Software-defined network technologies including OVS, OVN, NFV, etc
- Hypervisor technologies including KVM
- Perl, Shell, Ruby, or similar programming experience.
- QA and testing experience of your code and the entire platform. We test everything
- Software-defined storage knowledge with CEPH
- Large scale system automation
- Linux sysadmin skill set for building, patching, and maintaining systems
- Operations oncall support
- Agile software development practices
- Work on geographically distributed teams
- Understand IT processes, including: architecture, design, implementation, and operations
- Opensource development experience
- Self-motivated, able and willing to help where help is needed
- Able to build relationships, be culturally sensitive, have goal alignment, have learning agility
Typically requires BS/BA and 5+ yrs of relevant experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.