- Design, code, test and debug complex software while developing new functionality, and enhancing existing functionality, in order to satisfy customer requirements, both internal and external. Design work encompasses a broader project/system scope. Work is assigned via broad guidelines. Work includes developing detailed specifications from which applications will be written, designed, coded, tested and debugged.
location: Austin, Texas
job type: Contract
salary: $67 - 70 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Consult with product owners/business partners to define requirements and software design. Evaluate feasibility and make recommendations, considering things such as customer requirements, time limitations, system limitations.
- Define scope and develop testing methods, collaborating with QA team and other developers. Work with QA team to improve all levels of testing efforts, developing and enhancing testing methods and processes. May also perform testing.
- Support, maintain and document software functionality. Makes recommendations on and influences engineering processes and methods.
- Provide operational support on complex/escalated issues to diagnose and resolve incidents in production systems. Incidents tend to be fewer but more complex, requiring analysis of issues, determination of additional resources to resolve the issue, and an in-depth system perspective.
- Explore and research new and alternate technologies and platforms. Evaluate, recommend, and apply these alternate/new technologies, disseminating information throughout the team/department. This includes documenting large and complex assignments for knowledge transfer and developing expertise in multiple areas. Mentor other team members on area(s) of expertise. Provide technical guidance on a wide range of systems/projects.
- Bachelor's degree strongly preferred
- Five to eight years of experience in an applicable software development environment; Java, Spring/Spring Boot
- Experience with Pivotal Cloud Foundry a positive
- Use skills as a seasoned, experienced professional to work on all phases of development within broadly assigned technical discipline
- Able to translate conceptual ideas into projects and tasks
- Able to translate business needs to technical requirements
- Driven to excel in areas of technical expertise and expand base of knowledge
- Business acumen to determine feasibility of customer requests
- Customer oriented: meets individual commitments, works with the team to achieve team commitments, responds to request in a timely manner, willing to help
- Good written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills / English
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.