The Software Development Engineer position is for a highly motivated person responsible for both developing and supporting external Internet-facing portal applications, web services, and backend batch processing systems. The role encompasses process improvements and automation for existing applications, and providing application support on a daily basis. There is a strong emphasis on troubleshooting and debugging skills, and overall knowledge of software, hardware, and networking concepts. The job requires interactions with many different groups and can be technical or business oriented, which will require effective communication skills.
location: Sugar Land, Texas
job type: Contract
salary: $42 - 45 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Web Services (WCF, SOAP, and REST)
- Proficiency in SQL Server Stored Procedures and SQL Server Integration Services
- Create documentation and provide knowledge transfers and code reviews.
- Troubleshooting and debugging skills essential.
- Create secure code that protects against vulnerabilities.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science / Computer Information Systems or related field.
- Extensive experience with SQL Server (Stored Procedures, SSIS, etc.)
- Proficiency with MS office suite of applications for creating technical documents and presentations.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbally.
- Understanding of application development processes, languages and tools required.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.