The System Test Engineer will facilitate the automation and maintenance of test scenarios developed by Sustaining, Feature, and Automation test teams and optimize test execution. The System Test Engineer will also assist in running regression tests that cannot be automated and with the validation of bug fixes as needed. The System Test Engineer must have a strong grasp of various testing methodologies including test cause authoring, functional and regression testing.
location: Raleigh, North Carolina
job type: Contract
salary: $46 - 49 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
- Manage release requirements and ensure all requirements are met for product delivery
- Participate in Agile development processes with a focus on test case authoring and automated testing to support software quality efforts
- Create and execute complex test plans and procedures that mimic real-life customer scenarios.
- Build out and enhance our various test cases and process to ensure that our system performance and reliability exceed the expectations of our customers.
- Troubleshoot issues and tests; analyze product resource utilization and recommend alternatives to improve product stability.
- Assist product engineers in the identification and resolution of product defects.
- Provide suggestions for improving testing efficiency
- Facilitate the automation of test cases from customer issues, feature development, and customer use cases and their incorporation into the appropriate test suites
- Assist in the execution of necessary tests that cannot be automated
- Track real-time test metrics in a comprehensive and detailed way that provides transparency and actionable data representation for the teams and leadership
- 3+ years related industry experience
- B. S. in Computer Science or related field
- Must be a self-starter and able to work well with others in a fast-paced agile environment with an emphasis on collaborating and assisting the team to meet business objectives
- Strong background in writing and running system-level test cases
- Strong background reporting test metrics and test progress
- Previous programming and scripting experience (preferably with Java, JMeter, TestNG/Junit and EclipseIDE)
- Prior experience in test planning and regression test execution at a system level
- Prior experience with test management tools (preferably qTest or Enterprise Tester)
- Experience working on Agile sprint teams
- Experience with API testing and/or microservices architecture
- Ability to create and execute database queries to validate data and seed test data as required for testing
- Experience with continuous automation execution using CI tools like Jenkins or Bamboo
- Strong background in selecting tests to be automated and optimizing written test cases for automation
- Experience setting up and maintaining Test Environments (Windows, Tomcat, Apache HTTDP configuration)
- Experience with GIT, Bamboo and or code coverage tools like Sonar/Clover is preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.