My Fortune 5 client is adding a UX Architect to lead in a lab environment bringing creative ideas to a collaborative team.
This role will take a platform-first view to the product portfolio with a view to architect and efficiently distribute reliable and easy-to-implement design components, front-end patterns and web best-practices. You are able to create the vision, build consensus, support clear communication and operational transparency for providing a best in class component architecture and design system to be adopted by all product teams.
location: Boston, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $57 - 59 per hour
work hours: 8am to 6pm
- Collaborating with UX team members, product, business and technology partners and drawing inspiration from research, user goals and the world around you.
- Making informed decisions on visual style, quickly mocking up interactive prototypes, and being a part of the building process with production-level HTML, CSS, and JS.
- Proven track record of building and guiding adoption of enterprise-grade UI toolkits, design systems, frameworks and/or open source software that scales to hundreds of developers and users.
- Establish, document and maintain Web UI best practices regarding markup, styles, UX, interaction and accessibility.
- Work closely with the design organization, and be the bridge between design and engineering.
- Ability to take ownership of code, perform code reviews, providing technical inputs on design and development decisions.
- Work with the other team leads to create the product roadmap and plan sprints, review code and helping more junior developers by mentoring them, providing guidance, and positively influencing their careers.
- 7+ years of experience completing rapid prototyping and delivering/supporting production-quality code.
- 5+ years of experience with React and Angular.
- 5+ years of experience using package management tools, including NPM, GEM, etc.
- 5+ years of experience using and integrating build tools, including Gulp, Webpack, etc.
- Experience with CSS architectural principals, including BEM, ITCSS, functional CSS, CSS-in-JS, etc.
- Experience with version control systems, including Git, GitLab, Subversion, etc.
- Experience fixing performance issues and using performance monitoring tools
- Knowledge of industry best practices for code quality, architecture, accessibility, and usability
- Ability to communicate technical approaches to engineers, designers, and the business
- Have the ability and a desire to learn new technologies and a fail fast approach to making technology choices.
- Strong understanding of UX and Interaction Design.
- Great eye for visual details with passionate desire to produce pixel-perfect front-end code.
- Experience using design, prototyping, and spec tools to consume UX designs to produce code, including Sketch, Invision, Zeplin, etc.
- Experience building static, framework agnostic web components using tools including Fractal (https://fractal.build/) and Nunjucks.
- Experience with static site generators, Jekyll, middleman, hugo etc.
- Experience building modular component libraries in RiotJS.
- Experience writing technical documentation for API's and component frameworks.
- Experience using and integrating automatic Visual Testing frameworks.
- Experience with animation, including SVG, CSS/JS-based, etc.
- Experience fixing performance issues and using performance monitoring tools.
Please send all inquiries to Clay Goin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.