seeking a highly skilled Senior IT Project Manager-Technical Lead who will be responsible for managing, planning and organizing all operational and development activities for large, new or complex IT audit projects including remediation efforts in addition to reporting of such activities to the PMO and various levels of management. The incumbent will provide project leadership in support of our security program initiatives across multiple work streams that include PCI compliance, information security operational improvements and remediation activities. The person will advise on payment card industry and information security best practices and compliance and will proactively advocate for the adoption of these practices organization wide. The scope of services that may be managed encompasses three focus areas:
- Active Directory Remediation Services
- Network Security Remediation Services
- Technical Validation of Results
location: Boston, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $55 - 65 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
This individual will work very closely with the Information Security team and interact with all levels of the organization across multiple technical and business functions. The person must be able to adapt, thrive, navigate, and succeed in a large, multi-dimensional environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. Candidate must have security program management experience and a proven track record of successful vendor and stakeholder management.
- Coordinate, manage and report on project priorities, detailed task plans and schedules;
- Facilitate the scheduling of interviews and workshops with key stakeholders;
- Assist with obtaining data and documents required by vendor/s to carry out engagement;
- Coordinate results discussions;
- Notify stakeholders in writing of any project or performance issues;
- Assist in resolving project issues that may arise; and
- Assist in the escalation of issues upon notification of such situations by vendor/s
skills: Required Qualifications:
- Minimum of 10 years Project Management experience with 5 years in IT Security or related field
- BS/MS in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or related degree
- Knowledge of Basic application, operational and infrastructure security principles and guidelines
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills are required
- Strong analytical and organizational skills are essential and required
- Appropriate behavior when handling sensitive and confidential situations
- Proven experience in vendor management in a large, complex project.
- Proven experience in negotiating and organizing project deliverables and timing within a complex business environment in order to manage stakeholder's expectations.
- Excellent customer relationship management, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to deliver Project Plan, Risk log, Issues log, Status Reports, Resource Plans, Project Team meetings and other project related activities
- Ability to resolve conflicts between security and business objectives
- Ability to present/participate in executive meetings to discuss project status and drive decision making in order to deliver the project on time and on budget
- IT security consulting/advisory experience a plus
- PMP and CSM Certification helpful but not required.
- Deep knowledge of external risk and control frameworks such as COBIT, ISO27001, NIST Cybersecurity Framework, PCI DSS, and IT related internal controls
- CISSP, CISA, CISM or comparable industry certification preferred
- Progressive experience with IT Audit, Information Technology, Finance or Accounting
- Knowledge of and prior experience with state and local government entities.
- Demonstrated experience with various SDLC methodologies from Waterfall to Agile/Scrum.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.