Engineering Project Assistant
The Engineering Project Assistant will be responsible for assisting engineers with administrative, documentation, process and general engineering related support activities. Individual must demonstrate the ability to support several engineers, providing the wide variety of administrative and computer skills to assist engineering projects. Assignments typically include document preparation utilizing computing resources with a variety of applications including the formatting of very large Word documents. Performs as primary engineering support focal point for inquiries and problem resolution during the pre-release, release and revision phases of the engineering development cycle. Performs project non-technical duties. Acts as process and tool expert for engineering design teams. Must possess ability to coordinate and lead activities as well as strong organization and analytical skills.
location: Cedar Rapids, Iowa
job type: Contract
salary: $16.00 - 17.75 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
education: High School
- Edits format of documentation. Verifies change requests are in the proper state and implement into documentation.
- Provides tools expertise and support to Engineering: MS Office Apps, requirements capture databases, change management and tracking tools. Generate reports as required.
- Interfaces with technicians, engineers and engineering managers to create/edit documentation.
- Ensures compliance with the Third-Party Intellectual Property process.
- Collects metrics and prepares presentation materials for analysis.
- Analyzes metrics, identifying opportunities for continuous process improvements. Works with Engineering to train on processes and tools.
- Assists in tracking action items, risk management tools, and tasks in the change management tools.
- Supports the Bid & Proposal process, assisting in bid narratives and bid reviews.
- Networks with both internal at multiple levels. Communications require skill, tact, persuasion and/or negotiation to accomplish the objective of communication.
- Generally works on highly complex assignments which are given in terms of objectives to be accomplished and priorities to be followed. Requires independent action and a high degree of initiative to resolve issues. Makes recommendations for new procedures.
Potential Additional Job Responsibilities:
- Prepares presentations. Coordinates the interaction of project/program team and support functions to communicate schedule and status.
- Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new or special assignments.
- Represents organization as a prime contact on projects, coordinating activities of support personnel and communicating effectively.
Required Tool Experience:
-Must have advanced skills in Microsoft Word & Excel
Tool Experience Desired but Not Required:
-ALM, SAP, ClearQuest, DOORS, Jama, Subversion, and Gmail/Google Docs
-strong communication skills
-strong organizational skills
-highly detail oriented
-strong interpersonal skills
-ability to work on teams in a collaborative environment
-ability to receive work from peers, engineers and managers
-able to retain information quickly
-able to work in a deadline driven environment
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.