Randstad Technologies is looking for a talented Incident and Problem Manager to support a federal client in Arlington, VA.
location: Arlington, Virginia
job type: Contract
salary: $55.00 - 73.50 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
education: No Degree Required
The Incident and Problem Manager works closely within the Major Incident Management process as an extension of Situation Management to provide the federal client with consistent ITIL fundamental management and prevention of Severity incidents. The Incident and Problem Manager ensures that high-impact situations are effectively triaged, resolved, and future occurrences are mitigated through process enhancements delivered to the O&M teams.
Problem Management processes will drive timely and consistent action item tracking for Severity incidents. Any applicable trends will be reported and examined to determine long term irrevocable and preventive actions to ensure incidents are not repeated going forward.
The role of the Incident and Problem Manager is to maintain the processes and prevention of high severity incidents affecting critical business applications:
- Assessing action items for preventing critical business impacts of high severity Situations
- Managing the recovery processes of a high severity Situation in accordance with the action plan documented by the Incident Manager. This requires a demonstrative approach to driving quick resolution among several technical resolvers. A sense of urgency and good understanding of the customer environment is a must.
- Being accountable for preventative measures of high severity situations
- Reporting on progress of Recovery, Preventative, Alarm, Global, and Irrevocable Correct Action status
- Engaging other O&M teams when necessary
- Coordinating actions and schedules for mitigation procedures
- Conduct bi-weekly client Root Cause Analysis meetings
- Ensure proper transition of Major Incidents to Root Cause Analysis process and into Problem Management phase
- Ensuring that accurate action items and alternative solutions are documented, owners are established and timelines are defined
- Managing the problem to resolution or until delegated to another owner, as a larger project or work intake
- Facilitating documentation and management of the problem and change tickets as tickets are routed to different problem solver groups for resolution post-outage.
- Coordinate additional activities as required.
skills: Required skills/Level of Experience:
Nice to have skills:
- Technical Project Management 2 yrs
- Availability Management 3 yrs
- Business Analyst 2 yrs
- Client Presentation Skills 2 yrs
- Incident Management 3 yrs
- Problem Management 3 yrs
- Leadership and problem resolution experience in a production environment, involving high-volume mission critical Severity situations.
Must have at least active secret clearance or higher.
- Skill in assessing critical business impacts of Situations in a timely manner, analyzing the recovery processes of a Situation, mitigating the problem through preventative actions, and facilitating documentation of the problem. Particular area of focus will be enterprise situation management for problems of a Severity 1 in nature. Severity 1 problems come in the following categories:
- Critical System, network or key application outage (or imminent outage) with critical impact on service delivery or Total loss of production service to entire customer set or Impacts one or more service level commitments or Revenue or delivery schedule impact
- Reassignment must be communicated / agreed directly
- Skilled in tracking, solving, and mitigating problems, and following up until these are solved and implemented.
- People oriented; Work with various teams
- Strong analytical skills, including reporting
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community
- Organized, ability to deal with stressful situations involving deadlines, operational problems, long/odd hours.
- Ability to document the issues, problems and solutions, and implement corrections.
- Should have at least 4-5 yrs of experience in large and diverse programs.
- Strong client skills to work effectively managing expectations and reporting status.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.