Randstad Technologies is looking for a Big data developer with hands-on experience designing and coding enterprise cloud analytic & big data applications. Candidate must be able to work collaboratively in a team environment, yet independently able to research and propose technical solutions, deliver multiple assignments independently, and provide technical expertise to other team members. Must be familiar with agile scrum methodology. Excellent written and oral communications skills are essential for this role.
location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
job type: Contract
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Develop big data platforms (primarily Hadoop) and infrastructure
- Develop ingest workflows using big data tools
- Develop technical and functional test plans and scripts to validate the successful design, development and implementation of analytics system deliverables
- Provide technical expertise in designing, documenting and coding new analytics systems initiatives
- Monitor big data platforms and ensure successful high availability of data
- Support Hadoop issues, configure and setup new clusters for both Hadoop & Kafka
- Develop & configure transformation Streamsets code to ingest new data and data sources
- Experience with Cloudera ecosystem tools, Cloudera Manager & Hue
- Good understanding of PaaS, SaaS
- Experience with Cloud providers (Azure, AWS, GCE), services and infrastructure management
- Experience in configuring and Managing AD, LDAP, OAuth
- Experience in writing complex SQL statements, JAVA, VBA and Powershell scripts, batch files
- Strong Object-oriented programming knowledge along with good understanding of algorithms, data structures and design patterns
- Experience developing solutions in public cloud environments.
- Proficient in Big Data Databases Hadoop
- Proficient in data transformation (ETL)
- Strong working knowledge of supporting & troubleshooting big data platforms.
- Experience in developing systems using Java, C#, .NET, Python or C++
skills: Jack of all trades
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.