Our client's Service Desk in Oak Ridge, Tennessee is currently seeking dedicated and reliable candidates for the position of Help Desk Support Specialist, to provide first-line technical support to users in a corporate environment in the areas of account administration, server and network status, operating systems, local and remote network connectivity, and a wide variety of proprietary and off-the-shelf computer applications. The Support Specialist will answer moderately complex technical questions, troubleshoot personal computer hardware and software in a managed network environment, and handle the majority of requests without further assistance.
location: Oak Ridge, Tennessee
job type: Contract
salary: $9 - 11 per hour
work hours: 9 to 6
education: High School
The Support Specialist will answer moderately complex technical questions, troubleshoot personal computer hardware and software in a managed network environment, and handle the majority of requests without further assistance.
- High School diploma or GED
- One year of call center/help desk experience or equivalent demonstrated technical abilities
- Comprehensive knowledge in the use of personal computers
- Experience in desktop and networking support
- Excellent customer service and team-oriented skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and accurately via telephone, email, or person-to-person moderately complex technical information, and compose professional correspondence and reports.
- Ability to demonstrate sound troubleshooting skills and follow the majority of problems through to resolution
- Solid understanding of IT concepts and help desk software required
- Proven ability using and supporting pertinent software applications such as:
- Microsoft Windows XP and 7
- Microsoft Office 2007 and later
- Microsoft Exchange-based email
- Remote access software
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.