Candidate will be required to perform in a fast paced and dynamic environment that requires strong decision making skills, flexibility, and adaptability while maintaining positive working relationships with all partners. The main responsibility of the senior project manager will be to work with various business and IS/IT groups internal and external to the organization to ensure delivery of analytic solutions. This position will coordinate PMO reporting for management of project portfolio and resource planning. This position works closely with management to ensure department goals are accomplished. Additionally this position is responsible for project management of small, medium, and large sized projects for existing analytic solutions, developing new solutions, exploration pilots, and managing smaller issue & enhancement requests.
location: Stamford, Connecticut
job type: Contract
work hours: 9am to 5pm
Candidate must have demonstrated experience within business analytics, business intelligence, or data warehousing environments. Experience with traditional and agile methodologies required. Working knowledge of analytic needs for Consumer Package Goods Sales or Supply Chain preferred. A minimum of 7 years experience as a project manager, and 2 years as a PMO leader are required.
In the senior project manager role, the candidate will minimally be expected to:
- Possess excellent communication and inter-personal skills with the ability to provide communication to director level business and IT leaders and staff in a fast changing environment
- Coordinate with project managers to ensure project communication within and between teams (internal and external)
- Ensure that approved methods, processes, standards, documentation, and tools are consistently used by the project team
- Execute and maintain a project plan and provide PMO reporting of status and metrics to management
- Perform analysis and planning for all phases/aspects of a business analytic project from initiation though implementation
- Manage project scope, schedule, cost, dependencies, resource assignments, issues, and risks
- Be willing to take ownership and resolve project issues impacting project schedules and demonstrate tenacity for maintaining schedules in a fast paced environment
- Interface with all areas affected by the project (e.g. external agencies, business owners, management, dependent application teams, data specialists, and the immediate project team)
skills: As a business analyst, the candidate will minimally be expected to:
- Be comfortable meeting with end-user clients to perform requirements gathering and create use cases
- Perform system analysis, conceptual design, and functional design, and testing
- Ensure proper documentation and deliverables are created and maintained for all project work
- Balance multiple tasks in a deadline-constrained environment
- Be a self-starter and have the ability to make progress on assignments where little information is initially available
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.