job summary: Job description:
- Google is looking for a UX Writer for its Hardware organization, which is responsible for creating, selling, and supporting the Google Product phone and other Google-branded hardware products and websites.
- PLEASE SUBMIT JOB RELEVANT WRITING SAMPLES (applications without samples will NOT be considered)
location: Mountain View, California
job type: Contract
salary: $73.33 - 80.98 per hour
work hours: 9am to 6pm
- Collaborate closely with research, compliance, engineering, product managers, legal and marketing to define requirements, create content, and review deliverables
- Create and edit content that support the Google brand and business objectives, including emails, websites, and app flows, among others Work with packaging and product teams to develop in box and out of box materials, including quick start guides, safety, regulatory, and warranty
- Focus on content strategies that increase usability through navigation, labels, informational writing, error messaging, and other elements of the end to end customer experience
- Work proactively to encourage designers and other team members on content strategy - advise teams on when and where to message, in addition to how to message
qualifications: Minimum Qualifications:
- BA/BS degree in English, Journalism, Technical Writing, UX, HCI or a related field (In lieu of degree, 5 years relevant work experience)
- Experience as part of a team developing hardware, software and/or at a digital agency
- Superb writing and editing skills for UX and longer-form technical or design documentation
- Proven project and stakeholder management experience Familiarity with web and mobile UI design principles and practices
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment and cope well with frequently changing requirements
skills: Skill/Experience/Education Mandatory
PLEASE SUBMIT JOB RELEVANT WRITING SAMPLES (applications without samples will NOT be considered) Desired Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience developing information architecture for complex documentation sets
- Familiarity with user experience research principles and practices
- Basic knowledge of a design tool like InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, or Sketch
- Experience working closely with engineering, design, and product management teams - comfortable discussing technical issues, from engineering details to design minutiae
- Experience with localization practices and accessibility
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.