job summary: Position Description
- Do you enjoy seeing organizations succeed with software you've built? Are you interested in building scalable solutions using Google's renowned software technologies?
- Let's make Google Travel be the trusted place where travelers make faster, effortless transactions!
- The Premium Services group in Google Flights is seeking a Partner Engineer for a limited term (6-9 months) to work on a high-priority project.
- Our team is made of excellent software engineers who are also experts in the Google airfare pricing and shopping solution, as well as in the air travel industry in general. We work directly with technical and business staff at our partners, as well as Google Business Development/Sales, Product, Engineering and Operations teams.
- As a Partner Engineer working on platforms and integrations on the Premium Services Flights team, you will implement and maintain interfaces with Google's travel partners.
- You will be involved in defining, documenting, implementing, and supporting the lifecycle of partner integrations.
location: Cambridge, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $100.00 - 110.43 per hour
work hours: 9am to 6pm
- Design, build, test, and maintain code, mostly in Java, which enables Google users to price and book air travel through 3rd party service APIs.
- Troubleshoot issues with code and integration Identify opportunities to scale through process analysis and vendorization
- Author process documentation and perform training for vendor resources Troubleshoot and support complex projects and customers
BA/BS degree in Computer Science or a related technical subject or equivalent practical experience.
skills: Skill/Experience/Education Mandatory
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or a related technical subject or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years' experience writing scalable, production-grade software Proficiency and current experience coding in Java
- Master's degree in a technical field
- Experience working with and managing external partners and customers.
- 5 years of hands-on experience in Internet products and technologies, including web service API integration.
- Experience in managing critical and complex projects.
- Experience in process documentation and technical writing.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.