job summary: Job Title: Technical Team Lead (Contract-to-Hire)
The Technical Team Lead will be part of the Application Development Team responsible for developing quality code using best practices, Organize and lead a team through design and implementation on time and budget, guide and mentor developers. The position requires at least 60-70% hands-on development and work closely with a team of developers, review code and provide timely feedback for continuous improvement in delivery.
location: San Rafael, California
job type: Contract
salary: $61.76 - 70.00 per hour
work hours: 9am to 6pm
- Hands on development
- Define and coordinate the technical tasks for the development of the software and/or interfaces
- Ensure development alignment with the technical vision and goals
- Conduct code reviews on time and ensure adherence to best practices and development standards
- Hands on development alongside with other technical developers
- Delegate tasks, follow-up on deliverables, detect and report slippage
- Communicate technical issues/decisions effectively to Development/Project Manager
- Work collaboratively and effectively with cross functional teams
- Participate and Contribute in all phases of software development
- Develop technical procedures and documentation
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in a timely manner
- Identify opportunities for improvement in development process.
- Provide assistance and advice to business users in the effective use of applications and information technology
Bachelor's Degree or Master's Degrees in Information Systems, Computer Science, or related area. Equivalent experience may substitute for degree requirement
skills: Required Skills
- At least 1-3 years of experience leading a technical team
- At least 5-8 years of hands-on experience implementing ETL using either native database utilities and/or third-party tools (Informatica,SQL*Loader, Custom PL SQL packages) in an enterprise environment with a relational database backend
- At least 5-8 years of experience working with RDBMS OLTP or OLAP data stores, such as Oracle, SQL Server, Sybase, or Teradata
- Relational database development experience and proficiency with advanced SQL concepts such as complex joins, triggers, cursors, correlated sub queries, analytic functions (e.g. Oracle, SQL Server, T-SQL, PL/SQL)
- Experience extracting data from a variety of data stores including relational databases, RESTful web services, LDAP querying and a variety of flat file structures.
- Solid experience in new development, maintenance and infrastructure support roles.
- Experience working with cross functional and technical teams in understanding requirements and translating them into technical solutions
- Understands architecture constructs (architecture/design patterns, SOAP, REST etc.)
- Experience with data modeling including normalization, logical and physical designs
- Proven ability to manage and prioritize multiple assignments
- Business knowledge in software/high tech industry, emerging technologies focusing on cloud products, SaaS platforms, and/or Enterprise Applications
- Agile/Scrum experience desired. Certified Scrum master or Certified Scrum Professional preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work calmly and constructively under pressure and deliver on commitments
- Bachelor's Degree or Master's Degrees in Information Systems, Computer Science, or related area. Equivalent experience may substitute for degree requirement
- Certifications in the database field (e.g. Oracle or SQL) or HANA DW a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.