job summary: What will you do?
We are looking for a testing and automation focused software engineer to drive scalability improvements in the core Blue Planet Orchestration platform and supporting micro-services.
location: Austin, Texas
job type: Permanent
salary: $125,000 - 152,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
- Write software that exercises the core orchestration capabilities and stresses them in step with our most demanding customers
- Improve overall test-coverage and quality measurement driving toward faster and more confident software delivery
- Develop test harnesses, simulations, and automation infrastructure
- Use software engineering knowledge to find ways to break software and expose vulnerabilities to race conditions, negative behaviors, and security flaws
- Create large scale system tests to drive improvements in scalability, performance, and high-availability
- Work closely with the Blue Planet solution teams, internal developers, and customers to support their use of the platform to deliver complete solutions to customers
- Participate in all phases of an agile development cycle
You will be working as a Blue Planet software test engineer responsible for assuring quality and scalability in the Orchestration platform.
qualifications: Areas of impact:
Quality improvements in the platform translate to:
- Improved quality and customer satisfaction for all Blue Planet solutions
- Greater efficiency for the development team by finding problems earlier and in controlled environments
- Simpler and faster solution development
- Test patterns and automation that can be leveraged by all solution teams
The core Blue Planet Orchestration platform is a critical layer in the Blue Planet system as it forms the base for all orchestration solutions including Multi-Domain Service Orchestration (MDSO), Network Function Virtualization Orchestration (NFVO), and custom network automation solutions.
Desirable knowledge or experience in (a plus - not mandatory):
- Bachelors/Masters in Computer Science or equivalent field
- Coding experience - preferably in languages such as Python / Java / GoLang
- Innate skill and enjoyment from debugging, reverse engineering, and breaking things
- Use of web services and RESTful APIs
- Interest and ability to quickly learn and ramp-up on new languages and technologies
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of test methodologies and experience authoring test plans
- Agile development methodologies and tools
- Distributed, Highly-available systems running at large scale
- Network element protocols (e.g., TL1, CLI, SNMP, NETCONF)
- Distributed platforms which use Kafka, Elasticsearch, Cassandra or similar systems
- Cloud environments (e.g., Docker, AWS, Openstack etc.,)
- Database technologies including distributed SQL and non-relational
- Basic understanding of networking including L2/L3 Switching & Routing
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.