job summary: What will you be doing in your role?
We are looking for stellar software engineers to work on the team developing the platform services.
location: Austin, Texas
job type: Permanent
salary: $125,000 - 152,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
Areas of impact:
- Develop new software micro-services, libraries, and features that form the platform supporting service orchestration
- Focus on continuous performance and scalability improvements to the core Orchestration platform
- Extend and create SDKs used by developers to author resource adapters, service templates, and lifecycle plans
- Work closely with our client's solution teams, internal developers, and customers to support their use of the platform to deliver complete solutions to customers
- Participate in all phases of an agile development cycle - plan, design, implement, review, test, deploy, document, and train
- Lead development projects, mentor junior engineers, and provide architectural direction
You will be working as a senior software engineer creating an orchestration platform that service providers use to manage service lifecycles and automate operations. Blue Planet is based on a modern software architecture that leverages open-source technologies, model-driven templates and container-based micro-services. Blue Planet facilitates the evolution toward more efficient, modernized network operations and software-defined programmability to accelerate the delivery of on-demand services, reduce costs, and enable a path to increased network autonomy.
- Bachelors/Masters or PhD in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Strong understanding of Computer Science fundamentals, algorithms & design patterns
- Development experience - preferably in languages such as Scala / Java / GoLang / Python
- Distributed, Highly-available, horizontally scalable systems running at large scale
- Distributed platforms which use Kafka, Elasticsearch, Cassandra or similar systems
- Asynchronous programming patterns (e.g., Python frameworks like Twisted or the Akka framework on Scala)
- Functional programming languages and principles
- Development and use of RESTful APIs
- Interest and ability to quickly learn and ramp-up on new languages and technologies
- Ability to write understandable, reliable and testable code with minimum supervision
skills: Desirable knowledge or experience in (a plus - not mandatory):
- Cloud environments (e.g., Docker, AWS, Openstack etc.,)
- Database technologies including distributed SQL, graph databases, and Datomic
- Network management protocols including SNMP, TL1, NETCONF, CLI, etc.
- Basic understanding of networking including L2/L3 Switching & Routing
- Fundamentals of SDN, NFV (Network function virtualization), and Orchestration
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.