Sr. Java Developer
Looking for a Senior Java Developer/Architect to help our client build a revolutionary analytic platform to help transform how major financial institutions automate analytic decisions. As an early member of the team, you'll have an integral part in shaping the technology and direction of our product - and have room to grow into a more senior role as the company grows. You'll develop algorithms, build core analytic engines and help us develop creative data cache techniques. You'll also have a ton of autonomy in our small, tight-knit team. With successful implementations with major players in banking and finance, our client is poised to grow fast!
If you thrive in high-achieving environments and love writing performant code to solve big problems, come join our client.
location: Newark, New Jersey
job type: Permanent
salary: $135,000 - 150,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
In this job you will:
- Code almost all the time!
- Solve interesting engineering problems, like developing our core analytic engines and intelligent caching.
- Strategize ways to make our development more expedient, be it through exploring new technologies or building something from scratch.
- Collaborate with the team to shape the direction and design of our product.
- Work from our client's Newark, NJ or (soon) NYC offices, with remote work possible on select days a week.
What makes you a great fit for this role:
- You enjoy using - and have strong skills - in the following:
-- Backend: Java, REST, Spring, and Groovy
-- Data: Hadoop, Hive, R, or similar tools
- You've built and shipped sophisticated software for power users and always keep users' needs and timelines top of mind.
- You've worked with big data and have solved difficult problems around memory management, latency issues, or clock cycles.
- You thrive in environments with rapidly shifting priorities and recognize that sometimes this means throwing out old code and starting from scratch.
- You thrive on non-hierarchical, small teams and constantly think of ways to help the whole team succeed
skills: - Create leading-edge analytic technology
- Work with some of the top financial services companies as well as innovative FinTechs
- Enjoy a focused but casual team environment
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.