Technical Helpdesk Support
Looking for someone to be responsible for end user support, both locally and remotely, for a wide range of complex software, hardware, network and infrastructure technology. Act as the central point of contact within the IT department providing assistance to end-users.
location: Columbia, Maryland
job type: Contract
salary: $21 - 25 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Provide level 1, 2 and 3 support via phone, remote or desk-side as needed.
- Record requests and incidents and track issues through to completion.
- Configuration and support of the company desktop/laptop systems. Image, deploy and support desktop hardware and software.
- Configure and support user accounts and access permissions in various systems including Microsoft Active Directory.
- Participate and have responsibility for various Information Technology projects in support of the company requirements.
- Research and recommend innovative systems and process improvements to further improve the performance, availability and capabilities as it relates to IT and/or company needs.
- Develop and maintain documentation in support of systems and procedures
- Provide end user training for IT solutions and services when required. Provide one-on-one or group training via in-person or conference room settings.
- Assist in developing standard processes, procedures and metrics to support the information technology services and solutions for the company.
- Regular work hours are 8:30 am to 5:30 pm.
- 2-4 years of experience in a Help Desk environment installing, upgrading, maintaining, and troubleshooting hardware, software and IT related solutions.
- Windows 10 & Microsoft Office 2013+ experience are required.
- Certifications including A+(Required), MCP or MCSE are a plus.
- Experience with voice/data networks, virtualization and backup solutions are a plus.
skills: - Excellent customer service, interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills and demonstrated ability to communicate at all levels within and outside the company.
- An enthusiastic, positive, "can-do" attitude.
- Strong problem solving skills, detail-oriented mindset and the ability to multitask and demonstrate strong organization skills.
- Ability to work independently or in a team setting.
- Ability to lift up to 25+ lbs., typical office/IT lab environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.